• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag for 8-12 discs

I'm honestly thinking about getting a Gorilla Boy Chimpanzee at this point.

I have an Innova Standard and a GB Squirrel monkey. Neither have that much storage which never bothered me until the bugs came out. I went to put my bottle of Off in my bag, and could not fit it in my Squirrel Monkey's pocket with my wallet/keys/baseball/pocket flashlight. I wasnt going to drop my waterbottle or leave my wallet/phone in my car, so I ended up just carrying the Off on top of my discs.

Though I carry only 10 discs, I could easily add 4 more I think for a bit more plastic coverage (I want to beat in a pro leopard but not enough space currently and so forth).

I wish I had kinda planned for August hitting, as the bugs up here right now eat Deet for breakfast I swear.

I'm honestly thinking about getting a Gorilla Boy Chimpanzee at this point.

I have an Innova Standard and a GB Squirrel monkey. Neither have that much storage which never bothered me until the bugs came out. I went to put my bottle of Off in my bag, and could not fit it in my Squirrel Monkey's pocket with my wallet/keys/baseball/pocket flashlight. I wasnt going to drop my waterbottle or leave my wallet/phone in my car, so I ended up just carrying the Off on top of my discs.

Though I carry only 10 discs, I could easily add 4 more I think for a bit more plastic coverage (I want to beat in a pro leopard but not enough space currently and so forth).

I wish I had kinda planned for August hitting, as the bugs up here right now eat Deet for breakfast I swear.

The bug spray is in my Innova Deluxe bag. 19 discs with room for the spray and a retriever. Weekends only... the Innova Standard bag goes on the road with me during the week.

The bug spray is in my Innova Deluxe bag. 19 discs with room for the spray and a retriever. Weekends only... the Innova Standard bag goes on the road with me during the week.

heh I have my innova deluxe as well. Don't know why I don't toss the discs back in there. Probably the small drink holder, and the loose feel it is.

After having Gorilla Boy, it's hard to settle for other bags.

So I just ordered a Crunch box from DG emporium:clap:
Can't wait, as the duffle bag I've been using is about to fall apart....

Let me preface all of this by admitting I have only ever owned one bag:

I really like my Innova Standard. The quality is good, and it does everything I need it to do. I carry 10 discs max (usually 6-8). I don't carry around a little stool. I take one water bottle and fill it if I need to on the course. I don't want a whole backpack deal.

I do like the divider in there because I like the organization it provides (at least in my head). When I pick up a disc off the ground, there is an open space in my bag for it. I don't have to separate a couple discs and jam another between them. It makes it really easy to just grab the right disc out and then slip it back in. The divider is actually one of the reasons I chose this bag over some others.

When I bought the bag, I was planning on using it in the meantime until I bought a better bag, or at least a bigger one. But since then, I settled into carrying just a few discs, and the bag is pretty perfect for everything I use it for. Plus it's holding up great. I've never really felt the need to buy another one.

But that's just me.

No, actually it's me too.

The thing I like about the dividers is that I know at a glance whether or not I've left a soldier on the field and if so, which one. Saves me from thinking and remembering, both of which I'm not too good at after a round or two in the sun. :D

http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/latitude-slim-disc-golf-p-1862.html

The Fade bags are pretty nice. I got this bag when I bought some discs a long time ago. Gottago... was the only retailer I could find with it right now. Anyway, it is an awesome small bag. Lightyears better than the Innova Starter. Good price, and very durable. I have 10 discs plus a putter in mine. If anyone else is looking for a small affordable bag, I highly recommend the Lat64 Slim Jim.

Step up to the crunch box. Fits 12 great. As it stretches out you can push that to 16 or so, more if they're all drivers. I currently carry 3 putters in my putter pocket. I think it's a lot better back than the Fade lite, and really doesn't cost much more. If you want to blow a wad, get the gorilla boy. I'm sure it's a nicer bag, but it better be for the price.

$45 bucks for a Spider Monkey is a great deal...i don't know why everyone hates on GB's prices

Exactly. Even the cheapest of plastic (DX at 7.99) you're fitting around $100 worth of plastic in there. why not carry them in a way that will last longer than the discs themselves. And carry all your important things and trust quality issues won't lose them on you.

they've got everything you need...and more. internal lightweight pvc frame, 2 giant drink holders with the most insulation i've ever seen on a DG bag drink holder, they've got that sweet flap that covers the front of the bag as well as the discs...plus they're hand made, in america *insert hill billy accent*

I can see some people not wanting to spend $45 on a 10 disc bag. Especially when there are bags to be had for $20 but IMO it's how much you enjoy that bag that counts. I have a Lightning Starter that "works", an Inova Standard that's OK and a GB Spider Monkey that's so much better than either that I curse at the cheaper bags when I have to use them.

It's kinda like a $125 fly rod & reel vs a $500 rig. I can catch fish with either but I enjoy the $500 rig much more because it just works better.

After 4 months or so, my Lightning starter is completely shot. Holes all over it. Duct tape can only go so far.

Latest posts