• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Price Bickering (Thread Split)

You, like the other "smart consumers", came into the thread to tell us all how stupid we are for spending OUR money on things we decide. We didn't invite you, you took it upon yourself to open the thread and reply. So enjoy the walk. Take the rest with you so we can discuss details on the bag we enjoy. There's probably a thread or you can start a group for people who like bargain bags. I promise you the Grip owners will leave you be and not come poop on your thread and decisions like the cheapskates have this one.

Whoah, whoah, whoah. Maybe I need to utilize smilies.

I didn't call anyone stupid. I really think it's a cool product, albeit not for me.

I >tried< to put more emphasis on my joke about how the nay-sayers are up-in-arms.

shut-up-2.gif

If you don't have any valid reason for being in this thread, move along. No one wants to see a thread full of arguments that aren't really contributing in a meaningful way to the discussion.

You don't want to pay $250 for this? Fine. Move along. I don't see why you need to come here and tell other people you aren't going to buy it. We don't care.

You don't agree with the people that don't want to pay $250 for this? Fine. Let them have their opinion and let it be.

I'm a fan of the cabela's diy and there are even backpacks that's I've converted to put discs in but it's not even a contest. If you want a cheap backpack that is in your price range this is clearly the best option but if you want the best your money can buy you go with a Grip. I really don't understand the animosity some have other than not being able to buy one for themselves. I know I could carry more discs and gear with a mahal but I didn't want to spend the extra hundred and wait six months. I was a smart consumer and got what I wanted. If that is a Grip bag for someone I think there are much worse ways to spend your money.

So the Mahal bag was too expensive? Too pricey? Where have I heard that before.

You, like the other "smart consumers", came into the thread to tell us all how stupid we are for spending OUR money on things we decide. We didn't invite you, you took it upon yourself to open the thread and reply. So enjoy the walk. Take the rest with you so we can discuss details on the bag we enjoy. There's probably a thread or you can start a group for people who like bargain bags. I promise you the Grip owners will leave you be and not come poop on your thread and decisions like the cheapskates have this one.

I hope for your sake that you are trolling people and don't actual think they way that you do. If you are not trolling, then you need to lay off insulting people who disagree with you.

Whoah, whoah, whoah. Maybe I need to utilize smilies.

I didn't call anyone stupid. I really think it's a cool product, albeit not for me.

I >tried< to put more emphasis on my joke about how the nay-sayers are up-in-arms.

I thought I detected some sarcasm in that post. Especially the last sentence.

Back on topic.

I will probably end up buying one of these at some point (that blue and grey is dead sexy). But, I love my "L" series, and am planning on wearing that thing down to a VERY slow death.

Grip may be on its 5th bag iteration by the time I'm in the market for new one.

Who knows?

The bottom line is this:

Is the bag worth $252 to YOU?

Y-O-U. Not Steeze, not CR81, not MrClean, not HeavyCritters. You.

If your answer is 'Yes', stick around and discuss the bag. If your answer is 'No' and you're not going to buy one, there are literally hundreds and hundreds of other discussion threads that you can read and comment on without getting in the way of the actual product discussion here.

IF YOU CANT AFFORD IT, THAT DOESNT MAKE IT OVERPRICED

Stop yelling :\

I don't think the price is terrible for the grip bag, especially given a lifetime warranty. Now the fact someone would shell out 200 bucks for that ugly ass GO CART is a travesty :doh:

I know it is somewhat subjective, but what would be a good set price for a disc golf backpack?

I'm interested in seeing what people think.

I know it is somewhat subjective, but what would be a good set price for a disc golf backpack?

I would love to see a grip comparable bag priced at 100 bucks or so. But then again would it be quality? And would it have a lifetime warranty? Probably not.

Last edited:

Why don't you tell us? You seem to have the correct answer.

I believe the $252 is too much for this bag. It isn't as bomb proof as the Mahal ($260) doesn't offer as much storage as the Prodiscus ($260) and is barely under their pricing? I thought the Grip for $200 was perfect pricing. I almost kept just buying it instead of waiting for a Mahal or Prodiscus. The $200 really made me think, compared to the more expensive bags. Now it would be a no brainer to buy the Prodiscus or Mahal over the grip for me.

Previously i felt they served a great pricing point and were shielded price wise from their competition so they didn't even have to compete feature by feature.

Why don't you tell us? You seem to have the correct answer.

At least you know I'm right.:)

Seriously, I think a bag between 150-180 is fair and that seems to be the standard for other backpacks. I wouldn't mind seeing a bag around 100 dollars. It might be feasible, but the quality might be less, albeit not bad quality. Even with a higher quality bag, there comes a certain point where it boils down to how well a person takes care of their bag.

I believe the $252 is too much for this bag. It isn't as bomb proof as the Mahal ($260) doesn't offer as much storage as the Prodiscus ($260) and is barely under their pricing? I thought the Grip for $200 was perfect pricing. I almost kept just buying it instead of waiting for a Mahal or Prodiscus. The $200 really made me think, compared to the more expensive bags. Now it would be a no brainer to buy the Prodiscus or Mahal over the grip for me.

Previously i felt they served a great pricing point and were shielded price wise from their competition so they didn't even have to compete feature by feature.

Where Grip has the advantage here is availability. Their bags are generally in stock, as opposed to the waiting that comes with Prodiscus and Mahal. While some may have patience, many don't, and Grip reaps those benefits.

1st job I had in DG, we all got laid off.
"Barbecue lunch you guys! .. Find new jobs in 3 weeks."
Home course, first round ever played, favorite 150 acres in the world, place to find my friends any day of the week, gone.

Gave me great respect for DG business that rock, and stay afloat to keep serving their fans. Too many former DG businesses undervalued a great product and let it die, to the detriment of the sport and its players. Survival is smart. Looking to satisfy (or even find) greed in disc golf is a fool's errand.

I agree. We should support the sport, however I don't think someone should justify a price because it is associated with their sport. I think there has to be some reasonable pricing and expectations in our beloved sport. No one wants to go to a store and pay for a higher priced disc knowing that they can get it somewhere else cheaper. We have to support our sport and those invested in it, but we can't be, as consumers, okay with upping the prices every time a known disc golf entity comes out with something new. This is especially true if there are logical reasons to buy a viable, yet quality alternative.

Either for good or bad people will, in the end, vote with their wallet.

Last edited:
When it all boils down to it, why do YOU care what others will pay?

When it all boils down to it, why do YOU care what others will pay?

If people are willing to pay more for a product, then the rest of the market will eventually follow. If possible, people want things to stay at the lowest price possible. I care as it relates to the overall market.

Mediocre players pay out of pocket $252 for a bag.....great players get sponsors to give them a $252 bag. TRUTH!........that might be why I only have 2 Innova bags.