• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Review

Detheos

Playing for 1 year now and throw 280 average 300 max RHBH. Cannot Flick to save my life. Been keeping my bag pretty simple figuring out what works for me.

Putters
175g Classic Soft Judge (Main putter)
175g Classic Blend Judge (Backup putter on hot days/outside my circle)
174g Lucid Judge (approach)
174g VIP Harp (approach and windy day putting)

Mids
173g Lucid Verdict
175g Lucid Truth (Go to Mid)
178g TP Tursas (wish it was lighter)

Drivers
158g Gold Diamond (Goes right and stays right)
168 Opto River
168 VIP Stag (might get the boot because of Sampo)
169 Elasto Sampo (becoming main driver)

Utility
172 Opto Trident (really windy days or just need something to dump)

That bag is pretty damn clean (and tasty) for a Trilogy bag. The only change I'd personally make would be to either drop the Stag or Sampo for something a bit more straight (like a Saint). And a XXX for forehands and thumbers.

We have simiar ranges and some similar discs; I too employ the Classic Blend Judge, Lucid Judge and Opto River. Your overall bag looks good. As you keep playing, consider a Fury (for me a longer River) or similar speed 9 disc .

thats one of the best "newbie" bags I've seen. KISS - keep it simple stupid. Cut and dry set up. I agree with swapping the stag or sampo. Id put either a Hatchet, Saint, or Escape in there. Maybe ever a Seer, but that might step on the Rivers toes too much

I'm pretty sure the Stag is going to get the boot. Just doing a little more work with the Sampo to make sure. Not sold on the River yet either. Got it because everyone loves it and it filled the hole in my bag, but I think it may not be for me. Thinking of getting an Escape to try instead. I've always wanted to try the Hatchet too. Looks like I need to do some trades.

Latest posts