• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Tags What For?

robasse

Can someone please explain to me bag tags and the reason behind them. Disc Golf is not poplular in my town and no one has every explained them to me. Thanks!!

the typical bag-tag system is that x amount are made and sold and then whomever has a tag can challenge another tag-holder to a bag tag round and whomever wins gets the lower tag. usually the lowest few tags get a prize after a pre-determined amount of time.

i have used many-a-hyphenate in this post.:|

Pretty much it, it's basically a "trophy" type scenario, for example our club has about 50+ members carrying bag-tags, when members get together to play, either casual, or in certain tournaments we put the tags up. Whoever wins the round gets possesion of the lowest tag, and holds it until tags go up again during a round.

slightly different start to the process in st. louis, we have a club championship every october, whoever wins that gets tag 1, lower scores follow thereafter. after that, yeah, the same scenario as above; you challenge a lower tag to a round, if you win, you get the lower tag.

there's tags for about every club out there, plus tags for specific tournaments and such.

Thanks Guys! I thought that was the scenario, but wasn't sure. What would a club do with the extra revenue from tag sales?

It's so you don't lose your bag!!!!! HAs your name on it!!!! like writing your name on underwear at camp!!!!!!!

Thanks Guys! I thought that was the scenario, but wasn't sure. What would a club do with the extra revenue from tag sales?

supposedly the extra money will be recycled back in to putting on other events, or making improvements to the clubs courses.

sometimes, it doesn't work out that way though....

after 6 months we -
supposedly the extra money will be recycled back in to putting on other events, or making improvements to the clubs courses.

sometimes, it doesn't work out that way though....

And on the other 6 months we -
they buy a few cases of beer and some burgers for after the round

and then it starts all over for another year :)

snc00142.jpg

the plastic one on the right has the club name and logo on the other side - the shape for that one changes each year.

The metal one on the left is pretty constant year to year. The top 3 tags are gold, the rest of the top 10 are sliver, and remaining tags are all bronze.

IMG_5685-2.jpg

Bag-tags are for bragging rights, and they are a way for the club to generate income. Our club uses the proceeds from bag-tag sales and merchandise sold through the club store to pay for the liability insurance the county parks commission requires.

Our club hold nightly tag matches around the city. We hold a kick-off tag match at the start of the year. Tags are then distributed that first day based on score. Then throughout the rest of the year tags can be bought and played almost everyday, at tournaments, and anytime any other taggers are playing the course. Many clubs will have rules for the tag matches regarding when and how to play them, what to do in case of ties etc. The Mile High clubs has almost 400 taggers this season.

It also provides a way players of different abilities can put something on a match (their tag) without involving cash). Around here the proceeds go to a Toys for Tots event in December.

Tags=Fun

shot_1281638234020.jpg
We use tags for team Bert, and we also have a doubles tag that have as well. We use it for bragging rights, and crap talking. It gives you something to shoot for and when the round is done the changing of tags is a great moment. We made them at a pet supply store.
Biz
Team Bert