• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bagger !?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me ask you a question DangeRuss. I'm not a tourney guy so I will probably never get a membership. I'll maybe play in 1 tourney every year or two.......is is wrong if I feel I can't place in the top 5 to move down?

You already said that you would have beaten the division ABOVE yours by 10 strokes. You are either a complete moron or trolling at this point.

You're bagging. Quit making excuses and move up next time.

Agree...regardless of how you normally score, or how many people in intermediate normally beat you, if you have the ability to win rec by 21 you should never play rec again. I played in my first tourneys this year. After 2 tourneys of rec where i played terribly amd still almost won i moved to intermediate bc i realized i shouldnt have been in rec. First 2 in Int i was middle of the pack after mediocre rounds, but wouldve won rec by a decent margin - its more fun in a division that requires a good round to win though.

Agree...regardless of how you normally score, or how many people in intermediate normally beat you, if you have the ability to win rec by 21 you should never play rec again. I played in my first tourneys this year. After 2 tourneys of rec where i played terribly amd still almost won i moved to intermediate bc i realized i shouldnt have been in rec. First 2 in Int i was middle of the pack after mediocre rounds, but wouldve won rec by a decent margin - its more fun in a division that requires a good round to win though.

Good point!! I'm just not a fan of the point system. There's a guy who has a 923 average and he plays int......so that's why I was like if he can play int again then why can't I play rec

All you haters on this post feel free to chip in and buy me a pdga # so I can't bag anymore!!!! Hahahaha

923 is an int rating. There is nothing wrong with that, compared to everything you have been stating.

You obviously have an issue with everyone calling you a bagger. I don't see why you are still debating this? You said you gave your discs away to some newbs. Great! Then who cares if you cash or not. Play am2, don't be a bagger, and this will all end.

We'll after all the comments the one that really got me thinking was the one that I'm signing up for the division that I can compete in still if I'm not feeling well, but if I'm feeling good I can probably beat them all...........which is kinda true minus beat them all because I wasn't sure. I'm going to give Int a shot and see how that works out!

923 is an int rating. There is nothing wrong with that, compared to everything you have been stating.

You obviously have an issue with everyone calling you a bagger. I don't see why you are still debating this? You said you gave your discs away to some newbs. Great! Then who cares if you cash or not. Play am2, don't be a bagger, and this will all end.

Hell No! The Bagger **** makes me laugh, trust me no issues with that!

Let me ask you a question DangeRuss. I'm not a tourney guy so I will probably never get a membership. I'll maybe play in 1 tourney every year or two.......is is wrong if I feel I can't place in the top 5 to move down?

To answer simply, YES it is wrong. Wrong attitude in general, but also incorrect assumption on your part that you can't be competitive.

You want to use the fact that you play 1-2 tournaments a year as justification for not joining the PDGA. That's fine and reasonable. But it doesn't mean you get free reign to play the "I don't have a rating" card at every tournament you do play.

Based on the two PDGA events you've played, if you were a member, your rating would be roughly 921 (867, 892, 957, 975, 922). According to the PDGA divisional guidelines, anyone with a rating over 900 must play Intermediate or higher. Based on trends in the two tournaments you've played (how the locals divide up), a 920 rated player is likely going to be playing Advanced. So at the very least, you should be playing Intermediate when you play a tournament.

You have no justification for playing Rec ever again unless you expect to get worse as a player (or tank a few rounds to drop your rating), particularly in your local area where everyone tends to play a division above the one they statistically qualify for.

Ok all you haters who know all! I'm going to post a video today when I play ( if I don't get rained out ) and you guys to help out my form......I should actually post my putting!!!!

Dkoz is signed up for Int boys.........we will continue Bagger part 2 on July 28th

:hfive:

This is my first year playing tourneys, and my first one was in Rec. I tied for first, after playing about as well as I can. Initially, I was unhappy that I'd be forced to jump up to Int right away. First tourney, I was horrid...ended up 2nd to DFL. Last one, middle of the pack. The people here are right...playing against better competition is helping me with my game.

In my local minis, I have been known for changing the name "recreational" to "beginner".

It kind of hinders the baggers from bragging that they won in the beginner division, and most all of the ones with pride move up to intermediate.

Should be a rule, where if you don't have a PDGA number, you have to play ADV or OPEN, no choice about it. Shouldn't be the rated players fault that you are too cheap to afford a membership. And, if it's your first time playing, it shouldn't be the first time you ever played...ever. Get some experience before playing in a sanctioned tournament.

Not a die hard like you buddy.......man up! Why? To lose money! :doh:

ricky-bobby-if-you-aint-first.jpeg

bagger

In my local minis, I have been known for changing the name "recreational" to "beginner".

It kind of hinders the baggers from bragging that they won in the beginner division, and most all of the ones with pride move up to intermediate.

Should be a rule, where if you don't have a PDGA number, you have to play ADV or OPEN, no choice about it. Shouldn't be the rated players fault that you are too cheap to afford a membership. And, if it's your first time playing, it shouldn't be the first time you ever played...ever. Get some experience before playing in a sanctioned tournament.

Nothing to do about being cheap! If somebody plays in one or two tourneys a year what's the point in getting a membership? You defiantly must of got picked on a lot in school

Not a die hard like you buddy.......man up! Why? To lose money! :doh:

You would have won more had you played intermediate since you won. I mean honestly, did you feel good about beating people by over 20 strokes in rec? And you keep mentioning about "losing" money by bumping up but didn't you give away your winnings? I just don't see the appeal to winning by such a large margin. Why not challenge yourself? And if you for any second actually believed you weren't bagging 1. You wouldn't have posted and 2. You wouldn't have responded to people calling you a bagger

Status
Not open for further replies.