• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Form Check - 3 years in

Raggagamer

Hi guys,
First post after having read and learned so much here. I really appreciate your guys drive (pun intended) to discuss, help, just talk and overall just be an amazing community of likeminded people.

I've been playing for almost three years now and gone through many ups and down. I worked on my form constantly, always trying to let go of stuff that didn't work and I'm still open to change everything if it helps me throwing farther.
Yes, I said it. I want to throw farther.
I'm "stuck" at 350max maybe some super lucky outliers went like 400 but I'm talking consistent, more or less controlled distance.
Before I get into too much theory and everything, here's a video of mine.
Have at it, don't be nice and say it like it is.
View attachment Trimmed file.mp4

Hi guys,
First post after having read and learned so much here. I really appreciate your guys drive (pun intended) to discuss, help, just talk and overall just be an amazing community of likeminded people.

I've been playing for almost three years now and gone through many ups and down. I worked on my form constantly, always trying to let go of stuff that didn't work and I'm still open to change everything if it helps me throwing farther.
Yes, I said it. I want to throw farther.
I'm "stuck" at 350max maybe some super lucky outliers went like 400 but I'm talking consistent, more or less controlled distance.
Before I get into too much theory and everything, here's a video of mine.
Have at it, don't be nice and say it like it is.
View attachment 316148
Take it from a nutcase - too much theory can be a bad thing.

I like some of what you've done but two things I might work on immediately:

1. Your elbow looks a little out of leverage in your initial posture. This seems "subtle" to many people but it can cause weaker kinetics in the entire body due to pulling stuff out of posture/leverage. I might try a relaxed "cradle" posture hugging the disc more like Simon.

1692793579144.png

2. I don't think you're quite coiling into the rear hip correctly in the backswing, which is leading you to shift a bit slowly off the rear leg and leaving it lagging behind you a bit into the shift. This is contributing to you spinning out a little/losing leverage when you plant and throw. The reason Simon's knee is dropping in is because he is walking more naturally, and he is coiling into internal rotation in the rear hip until he drops into the plant (like walking).

1692793744368.png

Recommend do & show SW's Open To Closed Drill, perhaps followed by some Hershyzer to address more posture/shift issues.

Thanks for the super fast reply.
I'll head out to the field today and will def. work on that.
It's crazy how much real vs. feel is a thing, at least for me. Many times I thought "damn, this totally feels like Simon/Paul/Drew look" and then you watch your video and … well… still you. Still a long way to go. 😂

Thanks for the super fast reply.
I'll head out to the field today and will def. work on that.
It's crazy how much real vs. feel is a thing, at least for me. Many times I thought "damn, this totally feels like Simon/Paul/Drew look" and then you watch your video and … well… still you. Still a long way to go. 😂
I think everyone goes through their version of this. Important to set reasonable goals. Feels and reals will come and go. Takes 2-3 weeks for most well-practiced changes to become habits. More distance at lowest effort is usually what people in these parts pay attention to since it combines the feel AND the real!