• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bagger !?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, the reason I moved up had nothing to do with bullying. My first tournament as a pdga member was some of my worst golf and I got an 883 rating. I figured I would be bagging if I played in rec. Not because of my rating, but if I can get middle of the pack in intermediate on a terrible day then I should probably stay there. Ill see what I shoot this weekend and then I may go to advanced for my third tournament.

In Texas, I have never seen novice offered. People get pressured to move up from rec because that is the lowest division. Take a look at the z-boaz open.

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16764

A lot of people move up here before they are ranked higher because of the rec stigma. Now we have a ton of people stuck in intermediate that should be competing in rec. Trophy only just reinforces this bullying tactic.

If there's an issue with too many players being "bullied" into moving to Intermediate before they're ready because Rec is viewed as the "beginner's division", wouldn't the reasonable thing be to offer Novice more often so that the players that belong in Rec can stay there without feeling like they're taking advantage of true beginners? That's the whole reason the Novice division exists as an option, after all.

Those players being "bullied" should stand up for themselves. Demand MA4 so MA3 can be what it is intended to be, which is not a beginner's division.

Valid points. I just don't see anything wrong with the system we have in place now. I know it's not perfect and that my opinion is not popular, but why fix something that isn't broken? Look at how much growth we have seen in just the last few years. It seems to be working.

In Texas, I have never seen novice offered. People get pressured to move up from rec because that is the lowest division. Take a look at the z-boaz open.

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16764

A lot of people move up here before they are ranked higher because of the rec stigma. Now we have a ton of people stuck in intermediate that should be competing in rec. Trophy only just reinforces this bullying tactic.

I do see both sides but I still don't see the problem with wanting to win merch. It's not an entitlement stance to want to try and win something in a competition. If you are playing in the division you are suited for then why is gambling discouraged?

I'm mostly playing devils advocate here. I could really care less either way. My joy in tournament is the competition. Secondary to that is the merch but it definitely adds to the stress/intrigue of every shot.

How can someone be "stuck" playing intermediate that should be playing rec?

How can someone be "stuck" playing intermediate that should be playing rec?

well, if rec isnt offered.....im being facetious but that is indeed the case with a tournament im playing this weekend. intermediate, novice, no rec

It depends a bit on your definitions of "adequate public notice" and "restrict", but if there are enough interested players want a particular division (four or more), the TD is obligated to hold said division.

Competition Manual Section 2: Division Qualifications
2.1 General

J. A Tournament Director may, by giving adequate public notice, restrict the divisions offered. Absent such notice, the Tournament Director shall offer for competition any division which has four or more players that are eligible and wishing to compete. Tournament Directors may offer divisions with less than four players at their discretion.

The question is really whether just a flyer or an online registration page constitutes the TD formally restricting divisions to the ones listed or not.

1. It defiles the traditional concept of what an amateur is supposed to be.

2. Many other amateur sporting pursuits don't offer prizes to winners and do just fine in regards to attendance and growth.

3. Perhaps creates an entitlement mentality with some players who are more interested in winning swag, or boasting that they are the best person under an arbitrarily set ratings line, than trying to compete.

That's all I got.

4. Also promotes dkoz'ing. I mean bagging.

4. Also promotes dkoz'ing. I mean bagging.

Haha really!! Tight wooded course that I kicked ass, I can't help it that I played so well..........In my handicap league today I missed 5 putts within 20 feet! Just saying.

Now go do it in intermediate@! :weeeee:

I 've seen many really good players miss a hand full of easy putts, but I didn't see them signing up to demolish the rec field. They just took it as anyone should... You can't be awesome all the time.

If I dominated rec, even once I would never go back to it. It's just not fair to the less skilled players that want to feel like there was a reason they even paid to play disc golf. They have nowhere lower to sandbag. You definitely don't belong in rec, and if you aren't a "tourney" player, then stop trying to enter them.

I imagine dkoz being like a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde of disc golf. Growing all big and smashing dudes in rec by hundreds of strokes and then getting all weak and frail, grabbing his back and asking, "guyyssss am I a bagger? guyssss".

I imagine dkoz being like a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde of disc golf. Growing all big and smashing dudes in rec by hundreds of strokes and then getting all weak and frail, grabbing his back and asking, "guyyssss am I a bagger? guyssss".

Imagine this......Dkoz throwing with his opposite arm and only plays probably half as much as, but is still better then you!!!

Imagine this......Dkoz throwing with his opposite arm and only plays probably half as much as, but is still better then you!!!

You just proved why you should only be allowed in advanced. And I feel sorry for anyone having to play with you. You're very arrogant and a total douche bag that just wanted to gloat about how much better you were than all the people you played against. I could be wrong, but you are not helping your case at all with every post you add on to here.

Heard there is going to be flooding. Going down to the river to help dkoz. Going to be the new Munson.

Last edited:
It depends a bit on your definitions of "adequate public notice" and "restrict", but if there are enough interested players want a particular division (four or more), the TD is obligated to hold said division.

The question is really whether just a flyer or an online registration page constitutes the TD formally restricting divisions to the ones listed or not.

Why would that not constitute adequate public notice? What other venues would you suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts