• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bailey CO Disc Golf Course is open to public!!

ponto11

Bogey Member
All,

The Bailey disc golf course will be open for casual play until September or so. There are 20 baskets set up for the 20 hole course. Maps, sign in sheet, and waivers are available and need to be completed prior to playing. These are located underneath the large pine tree near "tournament central".

If you are unfamiliar, the Bailey course compares very well with Beaver Ranch. It combines a bit more wide-open and bombers along with similar tunnel and tight shots.

The course is located at 599 Rosalie Rd., Bailey, CO 80421 and is navigational via google maps or similar.

The course is pay-to-play. $5/round, honor system. Profits go towards paying fees for making the property available for you to play it so please do your part so we can keep the course open. Any proceeds beyond our dues to Platte Canyon will go towards purchasing baskets to replace the temp baskets that are currently on the course.

If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Regards,

Dave Ponto
[email protected]

This is a fantastic course folks. If you're not from the area, come for the 1-2 punch of Beaver Ranch and Bailey.

You'll be worked by the end of the day but you'll have experienced 2 of the best courses in the country.

Make the trip. Its worth it.

Too bad you don't have the day off, wolito. We'll have to make the trip soon.

Bailey Disc Golf Course

One more thought: please pick up after yourself or even others if you notice trash or left bottles on the grounds. Also, be discrete with beer and the like as the property is owned by the local school district and if people witness partying and the like we could get shut down.

This is really more a message for those that I'm unable to reach as I'm sure those on this site appreciate these details and wouldn't purposely violate. So if you see others out there not respecting, please kindly remind them that people could be watching and nothing will shut us down quicker than those being caught doing stupid things.

Thanks!!

By the way, the moron who rated Beaver Ranch a 2, don't bother playing Bailey. Stick to David Lorenz (Lighthouse, the wasteland which you rated a 4). You'll like it better...

Ponto

This is a fantastic course folks. If you're not from the area, come for the 1-2 punch of Beaver Ranch and Bailey.

You'll be worked by the end of the day but you'll have experienced 2 of the best courses in the country.

Make the trip. Its worth it.

Don't forget about Phantom Falls either. It would be murderous to try to play all 3 courses in one day but a long weekend, that would be epic! Phantom Falls is located right in between Bailey and Beaver Ranch. All 3 courses are approximately 20 minutes apart from another. Keep in mind, Phantom Falls is private and requires a scheduled tee time so look them up (they are #8 on the top 10 list right now!).

Don't forget about Phantom Falls either. It would be murderous to try to play all 3 courses in one day but a long weekend, that would be epic! Phantom Falls is located right in between Bailey and Beaver Ranch. All 3 courses are approximately 20 minutes apart from another. Keep in mind, Phantom Falls is private and requires a scheduled tee time so look them up (they are #8 on the top 10 list right now!).

I'll be there on the 28th for my bachelor party and first Phantom round ever.

I. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

By the way, the moron who rated Beaver Ranch a 2, don't bother playing Bailey. Stick to David Lorenz (Lighthouse, the wasteland which you rated a 4). You'll like it better...

Ponto

He raised it to a 3, but the fact he thinks Lorenz is better than Beaver makes me believe there is something severely wrong with him. Nothing against Lorenz , but the two rounds I played there might have been two of the most boring rounds of disc golf in my life.

He raised it to a 3, but the fact he thinks Lorenz is better than Beaver makes me believe there is something severely wrong with him. Nothing against Lorenz , but the two rounds I played there might have been two of the most boring rounds of disc golf in my life.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize he raised it but yes, he still has Lorenz rated higher than Beaver Ranch. And he's still in the exclusive pool of two people of 99 who have rated BR lower than a 4.

bwahahahaha! someone rated David Lorenz over a 2? I can't think of a course in the Denver area I would rate over a 3.
Just by being in Bailey makes this course a solid 3 without even seeing it. :)

bwahahahaha! someone rated David Lorenz over a 2? I can't think of a course in the Denver area I would rate over a 3.
Just by being in Bailey makes this course a solid 3 without even seeing it. :)

Its better than a 3. I can guarantee you that. I like it better than Beaver Ranch.

Play it. You'll see.

He rated Lorenz a 4, initially gave Beaver Ranch a 2, and then upgraded it to a 3.

ouch. the only thing I really liked about lorenz was the astroturf teepads. I guess if it was shortened to 9 it would be better than it is at 18.. at least that way it would get rid of 9 of the repetitious holes that make it the pit of suck that it is.

I can see if you don't like mountains or the walk to get to hole 1, someone would think BR wouldn't be good, but to me that's a plus, and it keeps the riff raff out.

I think I may have played Friday night league at Larkspur with that guy. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. and looking through his reviews it seems that his biggest bitch is no concrete pads. If that's a problem I'd say to stay off of mountain courses. Just the fact that he rated all the other sh1tholes in denver at the same or even better than Beaver Ranch or even Jellystone should indicate that his opinion is pretty much his own.

Yeah, I really do try not to get offended but rating Lorenz higher than Beaver Ranch is hard to swallow.

Maybe his rating will change when Beaver Ranch does get concrete tee pads. It is in the works! Also, potential for another 18 hole course to the south of the current course.

Lots going on...

Yeah, I really do try not to get offended but rating Lorenz higher than Beaver Ranch is hard to swallow.

Maybe his rating will change when Beaver Ranch does get concrete tee pads. It is in the works! Also, potential for another 18 hole course to the south of the current course.

Lots going on...

Some might really enjoy the new cement teepads at BR, I may not agree. Anyway, the is a lot of courses in that area, I wish I lived closer!

Its better than a 3. I can guarantee you that. I like it better than Beaver Ranch.

Play it. You'll see.

Not sure if I like it more than Beaver Ranch.. they are on equal footing, both excellent courses, they are both similiar and fun (Top courses in my opinion). By the time we got to BR I was cooked. I did manage to shank a nasty on 16 and lose a dyed opto Riot, it was my overstable, just-in-case disc, so I'm not that heartbroken over it. I made up for it by finding an umbrella on another hole (no number, but if someone knows who it belongs to let me know). Also got to meet the designer for this and BR (I am so bad with names... er ?). Just makes me want to move to that area for the summer. Great people up there, we hooked up with another couple of guys, about halfway through and then went to BR with them. Had a blast, and the rain stayed away! Well worth the trip up! This will be sweet if it's ever put in as a permanent course. After driving by Phantom I can see trying to do an early morning tee time there and doing the triple! ok maybe not so much, but it would be fun to try. Thanks for the tip on this sweet course! :hfive:

Latest posts