• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Ballista---->Discraft

Rydeen

What Discraft model can be similar to the L64 Ballista and a little more understable than the Nuke? thanks in advance :thmbup:

Nuke SS is actually fairly similar to a Ballista. Lots of turn, followed by a somewhat heavy late fade.

The Hades is a little slower than a Ballista, has better glide, and less late fade.

IMO the Hades and Nuke SS are the only 2 discs Discraft makes that are even somewhat like a Ballista.

Nuke SS is actually fairly similar to a Ballista. Lots of turn, followed by a somewhat heavy late fade.

The Hades is a little slower than a Ballista, has better glide, and less late fade.

IMO the Hades and Nuke SS are the only 2 discs Discraft makes that are even somewhat like a Ballista.

The NukeSS disc (I have one) is too understable with respect to the Ballista :)

What about Crank SS? I've never thrown one, but it seems to be the same speed as the Ballista/Pro. The Nuke/SS is max rim width at 25mm, while the Hades has a more conventional 23mm rim. The Crank SS seems to have the same 24mm rim that the Ballista/Pro has?

I agree that Neither the Nuke SS or Hades are quite like a Ballista.

What about Crank SS? I've never thrown one, but it seems to be the same speed as the Ballista/Pro. The Nuke/SS is max rim width at 25mm, while the Hades has a more conventional 23mm rim. The Crank SS seems to have the same 24mm rim that the Ballista/Pro has?

I agree that Neither the Nuke SS or Hades are quite like a Ballista.

Crank SS is very flippy. Way flippier than a Ballista.

The NukeSS disc (I have one) is too understable with respect to the Ballista :)

Nuke SS's are all over the place. Some of them are VERY flippy, and others seem to be a hair beefy. I've probably thrown 15 of them. An average Nuke SS is fairly close to a Ballista in terms of stability and speed.

Nuke SS's can be irritating because they don't glide that well, and have a dumpy late fade.

Isn't the Ballista very similar to the Nuke?

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

I have tried the Nuke (Z Line) and is more overstable than the Ballista, at least, for my arm. Perhaps other types of Nuke plastics are closer to the Ballista's flight, I don't know.;)

I have tried the Nuke (Z Line) and is more overstable than the Ballista, at least, for my arm. Perhaps other types of Nuke plastics are closer to the Ballista's flight, I don't know.;)

The regular Ballista (not Ballista Pro) is noticeably flippier than any Nuke I've ever thrown.

Frankly, I think the Ballista Pro is better than the regular one. It takes power better, and is way more consistent. It'll turn on hard rips, but isn't super flippy.

Latest posts