• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Ballista Pro

today in a good breeze....my boss was shining...one throw got on a good anny ride with the wind went forevever before fading back and down....my other discs were just burning

today in a good breeze....my boss was shining...one throw got on a good anny ride with the wind went forevever before fading back and down....my other discs were just burning

Bosses will hang pretty well in headwinds. I'm a little surprised more Innova sponsored pros don't throw them. The Boss was basically the first 13 speed driver introduced. I've had one in my bag since that time, and I still love them. Very reliable flight. You can really lean into a Boss and know it won't flip all the way over.

So it seems like the opto air ballista pros retain their stability for the most part. Latitude has usually been pretty good about making air plastic that isn't affected very much by the lighter weight.

One of the few discs that has impressed me the most over my short career has been a 160g Goldline Ballista Pro. It definitely doesn't fly like a 14,4,0,3 for me. It flies more like a 14,6,-1.5,2.5. Very fast, glidey, and long, with a forward penetrating subtle turn to it that doesn't take away from distance. I throw 330-360 for reference. What I find great about it is that it equals or sometimes surpasses the distance of my fully flexed understable drivers, but on a way straighter line.

I have overturned it once or twice in a strong headwind, but it never burns to the ground, it just turns to the right for a long time. These are best suited for tailwind, neutral wind, or headwinds up to like 5-7mph.

I think anybody in the 350 foot range looking for a slightly flippy laser needs to give a lighter weight goldline ballista pro a shot.

So it seems like the opto air ballista pros retain their stability for the most part. Latitude has usually been pretty good about making air plastic that isn't affected very much by the lighter weight.

One of the few discs that has impressed me the most over my short career has been a 160g Goldline Ballista Pro. It definitely doesn't fly like a 14,4,0,3 for me. It flies more like a 14,6,-1.5,2.5. Very fast, glidey, and long, with a forward penetrating subtle turn to it that doesn't take away from distance. I throw 330-360 for reference. What I find great about it is that it equals or sometimes surpasses the distance of my fully flexed understable drivers, but on a way straighter line.

I have overturned it once or twice in a strong headwind, but it never burns to the ground, it just turns to the right for a long time. These are best suited for tailwind, neutral wind, or headwinds up to like 5-7mph.

I think anybody in the 350 foot range looking for a slightly flippy laser needs to give a lighter weight goldline ballista pro a shot.

I agree that the air Ballista Pro is fairly beefy. I have one about 160g, and it won't turn at all unless I force it over. The disc still covers ground fairly well, but it doesn't want to S curve.

All my heavier Ballista Pros actually turn over easier than the air one.... go figure.

Got my first 400 foot on flat ground throw a couple days ago thanks to my 160g GL Ballista Pro that I've beaten to flippy!

The Opto X Glimmer Albert Tamm Ballista Pros have insane amounts of dome. Big pop tops with nipples.

The Opto X Glimmer Albert Tamm Ballista Pros have insane amounts of dome. Big pop tops with nipples.

And, they cover...

8393471_14636056590836_rId34.png

;)

All my heavier Ballista Pros actually turn over easier than the air one.... go figure.

Thank you for that. I thought my airb was a fluke. It's ended up being one of my better head wind discs. Granted, it has some serious horizontal movement, but it always comes back, never turns over.

Fitting this was bumped up...

I've got a 155g Opto Air Ballista. It is my max distance driver, with minimal effort. But it is definitely on the flippy side. I was hoping that I could grab an Air Ballista Pro for a small step up in stability. It sounds like it might be more stability than I can use.

Thank you for that. I thought my airb was a fluke. It's ended up being one of my better head wind discs. Granted, it has some serious horizontal movement, but it always comes back, never turns over.

I've thrown 4 or 5 air Ballista Pros, and they've all been fairly flat and really beefy. I like the heavier ones better. The air B Pros don't glide that well and end up surprisingly short.

I have an air Sheriff that is every bit as beefy as a heavier one, maybe even a little bit more so. Those Trilogy air discs are not the flaky, understable things you think they are.

A friend of mine has a bag with several enforcers: some full weight biozufions and some airs. The biofuzions when broken in fly great-- consistent turn and consistent fade. The airs were beefier than my Forces and PD2 level. Trilogy air plastic is insane.

Been throwing these lately. Get a similar (maybe a little more) distance than my S-curve Destroyers but fly on a straighter line for me. Its new Opto so may change once it breaks in but really liking it right now. Width is a concern as I feel like it is more inclined to slip out especially as days start to get cooler.

Liking these as my highest speed driver and hoping it beats into a slight s-curve bomber I can cycle. I was throwing Destroyers for stable distance and shrykes for S-curve but the shrykes are just too flippy for me to rely on in a lot of conditions even new out of the box.

Anyone throw the new Gold-X Ballista Pros?

I just got one in and seems like a slightly higher PLH than my Opto but flatter (any my Opto isn't domey).

Last edited:
I just got mine back from the forehander I tasked with break in. I cannot break in OS discs because I never throw them. This one is a recycled. Wow, it's long. It stood out with my TP King as my longest discs when I recently threw all of them together. Mine's stability is probably something closer to a champion Tern than the numbers. Only issue I have with it is, inconsistent releases. Are these plus molds?

I just got mine back from the forehander I tasked with break in. I cannot break in OS discs because I never throw them. This one is a recycled. Wow, it's long. It stood out with my TP King as my longest discs when I recently threw all of them together. Mine's stability is probably something closer to a champion Tern than the numbers. Only issue I have with it is, inconsistent releases. Are these plus molds?

I had similar issues when I first tried these and shelved them. I think it may have been more prevalent with colder weather. So far, since reintroducing them, my releases aren't an issue. I definitely make sure I have a solid grip every throw.

I've been dabbling with the Ballista Pro again a bit lately. I forgot how good this disc can be. The Ballista Pro really shines when you absolutely massacre it on high, anny lines. It'll go through a full S curve and fly a very long way.

Not all Ballista Pros are the same. I've seen really flippy ones, and super beefy ones.

IMO the ideal Ballista Pro flies something like 13, 5, -1, 3. I like them to have just a bit of high speed turn.

I get better distance with Ballista Pros than I do star Destroyers. The extra speed seems to make a difference.

The longest Ballista Pro I've seen was recycled plastic. Flippier than others, very glidey, and super long. It almost reminded me of a faster Shryke.

Latest posts