• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] World vs. Ballista Pro

Twmccoy

* Ace Member *
Put these two head to head today. B Pro is opto, 175g. World is VIP, 174g. Here are my thoughts....

The numbers on the Ballista Pro are 14, 4, 0, 3. World is 14, 4, -1, 4.

The B Pro is definitely faster than the World.

The B Pro has more high speed turn than the World.

The World is MUUCCCHHHH better than the B Pro in headwinds.

The World is flatter than the B Pro. It also has less glide.

For me the World is more of a headwind disc than a calm condition bomber disc. It didn't glide remarkably well and was beefy. I could get turn out of it into a headwind, but not in calm conditions. The World was quite a bit shorter than the B Pro. The World doesn't hold high speed turn for long. It wants to fade, and hard. The fade is fairly abrupt. Top distance was right at 400'. The World is a very power hungry mold. The harder you throw it the better it performs.

The Ballista Pro doesn't seem as beefy as the numbers indicate. I've thrown 5 of them now, and I find them to have some turn. Into a headwind they're surprisingly unreliable and will turn during the whole flight. Downwind they aren't great, but will gain acceptable yardage. I find that I get best results with the B Pro in calm conditions. The B Pro seems to be a fantastic fast, neutral flier. It will handle a lot of arm without flipping (unless into a headwind). This disc is capable of staggering distance. Its no accident that most Trilogy pros use the B Pro as their main distance driver. I touched 450' a couple times with the B Pro today. Big S curve potential here. The B Pro is what you pull out of the bag when you want to massacre something as hard and far as possible.

Overall, the Ballista Pro and World aren't as alike as one would think. They could probably both be bagged for different shots. The World is slower, beefier, and fights wind a lot better than the B Pro.

The numbers I'd give these molds based on throwing multiples of both...

World: 13, 4, 0, 4.
Ballista Pro: 14, 5, -1, 3

The World will turn if you absolutely brutalize it or throw it into a headwind. The Ballista Pro will turn fairly easily, and will flip all the way over if thrown into a headwind. The Ballista Pro has more glide a little less late fade than the World. Both discs could be bagged at the same time for different shots. Neither one of these discs are beginner friendly.

Latest posts