• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Banzai

Sticking with the Banzai is paying off. After breaking in the hss is still excellent but the fade occurs much later.
The penetration in headwinds is much better than I thought it would be.

Quick question about these since I've been disappointed in the one I have.

I bought a (used, but not very much) SP Special Edition Banzai from a used bin. It is stickered 175-176. By the numbers (8,5,0,3) this thing should be a baby firebird (which is what I want). Currently this fills the gap between my Undertakers and my Firebird, but the one I have is barely more OS than my Undertakers. I can't trust it the HSS for forehands(my form is bad, but not that bad). I'd rate the one I have as 8,5,-0.5, 2.

I love the feel of the disc, and I just want to know if a new one is going to be more overstable for me. DGA has great deals on these this week. Is the ProLine more overstable than the SP run?

I bought a (used, but not very much) SP Special Edition Banzai from a used bin. It is stickered 175-176. By the numbers (8,5,0,3) this thing should be a baby firebird (which is what I want). Currently this fills the gap between my Undertakers and my Firebird, but the one I have is barely more OS than my Undertakers. I can't trust it the HSS for forehands(my form is bad, but not that bad). I'd rate the one I have as 8,5,-0.5, 2.

I love the feel of the disc, and I just want to know if a new one is going to be more overstable for me. DGA has great deals on these this week. Is the ProLine more overstable than the SP run?
I only have a sample size of 1, but my max weight proline is true to the #s

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I have an SP and a proline. I think that the proline is a little bit more HSS. I don't find these discs to be anything like a "baby firebird". They are more of a workhorse fairway that can do everything. Stable enough to hold a hyzer but neutral enough not to fight out of an anny too quickly.

I have an SP and a proline. I think that the proline is a little bit more HSS. I don't find these discs to be anything like a "baby firebird". They are more of a workhorse fairway that can do everything. Stable enough to hold a hyzer but neutral enough not to fight out of an anny too quickly.

Okay, great. Would you say it is similar to a Thunderbird in stability? From what I'm seeing and hearing, I got a flippy one. I'm hoping that's the case because I love the feel of these, just wish it was a tick more stable.

Okay, great. Would you say it is similar to a Thunderbird in stability? From what I'm seeing and hearing, I got a flippy one. I'm hoping that's the case because I love the feel of these, just wish it was a tick more stable.

Thunderbird is a pretty good comparison. The Banzai is a little slower and a little less HSS. Grab a max weight proline, if that isn't stable enough you may be more interested in a disc like the Anax.

This is what I'm hoping to see. Ordered 3 PL Banzai this weekend - 2 max weight at 1 168-170. The undertaker has been my workhorse for a couple seasons now but I've been interested enough to grab a couple on black Friday. Best case scenario - the Banzai is a little more "in between" the stabilities of my beat predators and pipelines. The undertaker leans just a little to the stable/understable side of the spectrum for me, which is kind of where you describe the banzai as well.

Looking at the specs, if I get similar flight with a little more glide (21.1 diameter for the undertaker vs 21.4 diameter for the banzai) that would make me pretty happy. I'm pretty invested in undertakers but tend to lean to discs that are slightly larger diameter and have more glide

I'm currently using X Undertakers, Z Undertakers and an SP Banzai. The Undertakers and The Banzai work well together.
If I dropped the Banzai I would go back to the Thunderbird.

Got my ProLine in, it flies just a tick more overstable (HSS and LSS) than my SP line. Looks like my fairway lineup will be

Champ Firebird
PL Banzai
SP Banzai
Ti Undertaker(fresh)
Ti Undertaker(beat)

The Banzais are a tad redundant and the SP may make it's way out of the bag, but we will see. I like the undertaker but it just doesnt hold up in the wind.

Backhands with the Banzais are exactly what I was wanting (Shorter less power hungry Thunderbird, a great hyzer disc for my INT arm), but the forehands are a bit tricky. Unlike the firebird (obviously), these will ride left on a forehand flex. If you give them space they will come back, but it isnt very quickly. There is a fine line with this disc between flexing it over and hyzering it out. Once I master that I think these should be a great fairway for me.

Hey Banzai peeps. How does the Banzai compare to the Vulture? Is it noticeably slower? How's the beef? (Specifically P-line Banzai to Big Z Vulture, if you know)

Hey Banzai peeps. How does the Banzai compare to the Vulture? Is it noticeably slower? How's the beef? (Specifically P-line Banzai to Big Z Vulture, if you know)

My experience is with a TI Vulture and P line Banzai.

I feel they are pretty similar (beef,lines,etc.) but I think the Vulture consistently flies a little farther on a good rip.I think both rims take a little bit to get used to due to the way they are
shaped, with Vulture's rim is a little larger but no means unmanageable.

I sidelined the Banzai and am using the Vulture. I could see myself going back to the Banzai if need be.

I got a chance to throw my heavy First Flight Proline the other day and I was surprised by how beefy this disc was for me. I'm just getting back into the sport after an extended layoff and I was throwing closer to 300 than 400, but I could not get this thing to turn at all on a backhand throw. I'm actually thinking about picking up a lighter one to see if I can get a bit more distance out of this mold.

It's been a while since I've thrown an Eagle, and I was a lot better when I did so, but I don't remember them being this overstable. Suffice to say those with slower arm speeds will probably have more success using a DGA Pipeline as a workhorse fairway, and reserving the Banzai as a headwind/utility disc.

Bump for the Banzai.

I always tended to go more neutral to understable for workhorse drivers. I understood how bigger arms liked a reliable stable flight and finish but I always felt like I gave up way too much distance if I went stable.

Enter the Banzai. Extremely reliable, predictable fade, good wind resistance but still has some glide, is workable with angles, and flies far enough (for me).

My go to is a mid-160s Proline but I also have a max weight Ice that is pure beef. I think I've found my go to stable driver.

Man. Watching Dickerson shred WR Jackson makes me want to go out and find a Banzai.

I took my slightly seasoned Banzai to the field with me today, along with my seasoned Orion LFs and Vultures. I was reminded how good the Banzai was due to how far it was going. Out of the three, I was less impressed with the Vulture, even though I have been bagging it.

It comes down to the OLF and Banzai. I like the smaller rim of the OLF compared to distance drivers, but the Banzai is smaller than the OLF and I am able to push it out as far or further. A part of me wants to step up to a Wraith for OLF like shots, since I am using the OLF for more distance like shots.

A part of me thinks that an OLF might be harder to power down than a Banzai and it might more stable than I want when new.

The Banzai adds confusion to my bag, but a good confusion since it is a great mold.

I went and traded in some discs for an Austin Turner and SP Banzai. Both max weight. Went out to field with and compared the 3 Banzai's I have with 3 comparable Vultures.

While the discs are similar to a degree, let me list some differences:
1. The Vulture has more LSS. Probably easier to range.
2. The Vulture seems to be more power hungry.
3. The Vulture was a little better on lower anhyzer flex shots.
4. The Banzai pushed forward before fading out.
5. The Banzai felt less power hungry, though it could handle power.
6. The Banzai was getting better overall distance.
7. The Banzai can do anhyzer flex shots but are better when they are thrown higher. They can do lower lines but the fade is not as much.
8. The Banzai has a smaller rim and felt better in the hand.
9. The Banzai seemed to be more forgiving.
10. The Banzai did ok in the wind but the Vulture is little better.

Overall, I really like the Vulture and had it the bag for some time, but I think I am going to bench the Vulture for now and roll with the Banzai.

How much more stable (if any) is the Ice plastic compared to regular SP?