• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bardu's Bag 2020

Why hasn't your sig changed :D

Good question! :D Honestly, it looks too busy if I list all the discs I throw. Those four discs are the core of my bag. The rest is utility.

With that beautifully Garu bag signature you kinda tricked me into your bag thread, which turned out to to be full of heavily crowded bags, multiples and multiples of slight variations ... *SCNR* ;-)

I think my minimalist card has been revoked! :(

Played 45 holes around Vermillion/Yankton yesterday.

167 4x Star Destroyer

175 2018 Sexton Firebird
167 12x Champ Firebird
172 4x Champ Thunderbird
167 Champ Sidewinder
168 HF Star Roadrunner
167 GStar Sidewinder

177 Z Glo Buzzz
179 2019 MJ Comet

175 BT Hard Harp
171 Soft Ion
175 Soft Wizard
172 Soft Wizard
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

I played 36 holes today at Adrian. I pulled a muscle last weekend and hadn't thrown since. It was still tight when I tried to throw backhand. It doesn't bother me when I throw FH, so I played FH only. I'll stick with it for a couple weeks while I heal up. It will give me a good opportunity to work on that part of my game.

175 2018 Sexton Firebird

179 2019 MJ Comet

175 BT Hard Harp
172 Soft Wizard
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

Simple, FH only bag:

175 2020 Sexton Firebird
175 2018 Sexton Firebird

175 BT Hard Harp
175 Soft Wizard
172 Soft Wizard
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

I've been busy with school so I've been playing sparingly.

How is your '20 Sexton in comparison to the '18 Sexton? I have a few 2018s and like how they are very neutral for a Firebird, wondering how the 2020s stack up.

How is your '20 Sexton in comparison to the '18 Sexton? I have a few 2018s and like how they are very neutral for a Firebird, wondering how the 2020s stack up.

At the moment, the 2020 hooks up more than my 2018, other than that it is about the same. I get the impression that it may be more neutral as it breaks in. As a caveat though, I think my 2018 is more overstable than the rest of the run. I got it from the first batch of 2018s. Its been a main thrower for over two years now, has been run over and is still quite stable. More stable than my 2015 is, although that one came to me used and is further through the life cycle.

Full bag round today:

167 4x Star Destroyer

175 2020 Sexton Firebird
175 2018 Sexton Firebird
167 12x Champ Firebird
172 4x Champ Thunderbird
167 Champ Sidewinder
168 HF Star Roadrunner
167 GStar Sidewinder

177 Z Glo Buzzz
179 2019 MJ Comet

175 BT Hard Harp
171 Soft Ion
175 Soft Wizard
172 Soft Wizard
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

And a follow up to my previous post: The 2020 was shorter and more overstable all day then the 2018. I'll reserve judgement on it being "more neutral" until it happens. Its a great Sexton Firebird, either way.

At the moment, the 2020 hooks up more than my 2018, other than that it is about the same. I get the impression that it may be more neutral as it breaks in. As a caveat though, I think my 2018 is more overstable than the rest of the run. I got it from the first batch of 2018s. Its been a main thrower for over two years now, has been run over and is still quite stable. More stable than my 2015 is, although that one came to me used and is further through the life cycle...

And a follow up to my previous post: The 2020 was shorter and more overstable all day then the 2018. I'll reserve judgement on it being "more neutral" until it happens. Its a great Sexton Firebird, either way.

Thanks for the review, I mostly have the 2018 vintage, people seem to say that was the least OS run so far. The only other Sexton I have is a 2016, which is more stable than each of the 18s I own. I'll probably just have to grab a couple 2020s anyways to see how they stack up.

I wrapped up my semester today. I played this afternoon with the bag listed above. I had ordered a MVP Black Hole and I set it up tonight. I'm really gonna enjoy it!

Got some holes in today with the same bag I've been using. Had some nice drives with the Sidewinder. The Roadrunner has been good too, it has picked up some glide since last year.

Got some holes in today with the same bag I've been using. Had some nice drives with the Sidewinder. The Roadrunner has been good too, it has picked up some glide since last year.

Roadrunners are so underrated. I put one in my bag as a roller, but I use almost every round for something other than a roller. Do you find them more stable than the numbers indicate?

Roadrunners are so underrated. I put one in my bag as a roller, but I use almost every round for something other than a roller. Do you find them more stable than the numbers indicate?

Definitely. Its stability falls between my GStar Sidewinder and Champ Sidewinder.

Got in another 27 today:

167 4x Star Destroyer

175 2020 Sexton Firebird
175 2018 Sexton Firebird
167 12x Champ Firebird
172 4x Champ Thunderbird
167 Champ Sidewinder
168 HF Star Roadrunner
167 GStar Sidewinder
170 AJ Star TeeBird

177 Z Glo Buzzz
179 2019 MJ Comet

175 BT Hard Harp
171 Soft Ion
175 Soft Wizard
172 Soft Wizard
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

The TeeBird and the Buzzz were the workhorses.

I've been spending some time with the practice basket lately. Here's what I've been using:

2x Nikko Wizards
2x Glow Wizards
2x Firm Wizards

I'm really developing an affinity for those backup putters. I just love putting.

I've been playing the last couple days with the same bag I've been using minus the Champ Sidewinder. The Comet was flying great today.

I've been carrying the full bag but kinda tinkering with a Wizard/Comet/TeeBird/Firebird/Sidewinder skeleton. I'll try to figure out what I can accomplish with that setup and when I need the others.

Yesterday I got to play redesigned Larson Park. It's always a nice test of your game and bag to see how it matches up to a new course. I leaned on the Sidewinder throughout but there were also opportunities for the Comet and the Sexton Firebird off the tee. The discs that did not get used were the Destroyer, Roadrunner, Buzzz and TeeBird.

167 4x Star Destroyer

175 2018 Sexton Firebird
167 12x Champ Firebird
172 4x Champ Thunderbird
168 HF Star Roadrunner
167 GStar Sidewinder
170 AJ Star TeeBird

177 Z Glo Buzzz
179 2019 MJ Comet

175 BT Hard Harp
171 Soft Ion
175 Soft Wizard
172 Soft Wizard
175 Nikko Wizards (2)

My arm is still in rough shape from the muscle I pulled back in March. I've tried taking time off and lately I've been stretching consistently. My sister (a physical therapist) thinks I might have a ruptured tendon. Its not extremely painful and it hasn't hampered my game much. It is mainly tight and sore after I throw. I can't play as much as I used to. I blame SD86 for jinxing my youth. I may be forced to take more time off in order to heal up. Or maybe just concentrate on putting practice for a while. :D

Update: So I haven't thrown since my round at Larson Park. Last week I went in for a preliminary appointment and this yesterday I had an MRI on my shoulder. The doctor doesn't think I did any structural damage, calling it a muscle strain. He wants me to rest up for the next month after which I may be able to resume throwing.