• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Barsby Sig Disc Wild Speculation Thread

Care to elaborate on what you mean by more than 2 mold pieces? Yes, an injection mold has several pieces. However, only the cavity and core make the part geometry of a disc. Thats only 2 pieces....

For the record, i build plastic injection molds for a living.

Three pieces.

Cavity: Creates the top of the disc (flight plate and top side of wing).
Core: Creates the underside of the flight plate and side wall up to the transition to the wing.
Stripper Plate: Creates the underside of the wing.

*Use wing, rim, and lower flight plate interchangeably in this instance.

Last edited:
Three pieces.

Cavity: Creates the top of the disc (flight plate and top side of wing).
Core: Creates the underside of the flight plate and side wall up to the transition to the wing.
Stripper Plate: Creates the underside of the wing.

*Use wing, rim, and lower flight plate interchangeably in this instance.

Okay yeah. For some reason i wasnt thinking a 3plate system...that makes some sense. My bad guys!!
*feels like idiot*

Wouldn't mind seeing a run of real pro Barsby Rhynos.

I said this earlier. The pro Pigs in the factory store are a bit gripper and softer than old pro plastic but I would love a run of Barsby Pigs in that plastic if they can't do old pro. The only reason I don't throw Rhynos more often is a good pro rhyno is like 40-50 bucks and starts turning over after a month and a half.

Stiff old school style Pro Rhynos would sell like hotcakes.

Yeah, could be another opportunity to bump sales on an older mold that's not so popular anymore (AKA Sonics with GG) However, I would still love to see Barsby Eagles. He's deserved that disc for years.

Yeah, could be another opportunity to bump sales on an older mold that's not so popular anymore (AKA Sonics with GG) However, I would still love to see Barsby Eagles. He's deserved that disc for years.

Rhynos seem to have a decent following in the Southeast, I can see a lot of locals around here being happy to see the return of production Pro Rhynos.

I said this earlier. The pro Pigs in the factory store are a bit gripper and softer than old pro plastic but I would love a run of Barsby Pigs in that plastic if they can't do old pro. The only reason I don't throw Rhynos more often is a good pro rhyno is like 40-50 bucks and starts turning over after a month and a half.

Well, ask and you shall receive I suppose. They've had Stiff Pro Rhyno's (which I assume are in the same plastic as the Stiff Pro Pigs) in the Innova Factory Store for years now:

https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/pro-rhyno-stiff.html

If you like the stiff, tacky pro plastic they run Pigs in and you like Rhynos, these are probably for you (and even with factory store shipping, cost way less than 40-50 bucks).

Well, ask and you shall receive I suppose. They've had Stiff Pro Rhyno's (which I assume are in the same plastic as the Stiff Pro Pigs) in the Innova Factory Store for years now:

If you like the stiff, tacky pro plastic they run Pigs in and you like Rhynos, these are probably for you (and even with factory store shipping, cost way less than 40-50 bucks).

No those have been out for a while, they are very different. They are stiff as hell in my experience with either a nasty dome or a concave top. Nothing like the old pro plastic or the new pig pro plastic and fly nothing like how a Rhyno should. They are almost dead straight. Believe me, they were a waste of money.

No those have been out for a while, they are very different. They are stiff as hell in my experience with either a nasty dome or a concave top. Nothing like the old pro plastic or the new pig pro plastic and fly nothing like how a Rhyno should. They are almost dead straight. Believe me, they were a waste of money.

Hmmm, you might be surprised. Run to run, the Pro plastic used in the stiff Pro Pigs from the factory store has varied too. I've had a couple that were positively as floppy as RPro and some that were very stiff and a lot in between. I've never had an actual domey one, but they vary from pretty flat to a little concave. From the reviews, it looks like the stiff Pro Rhynos have been around since 2013. It looks like there might have been a domey run in 2017, but most of the reviews say they are flat and great. Given that Rhynos are generally more popular than Pigs, I imagine they've done quite a few runs of these by now. You could call and request flat ones in your order. I've had pretty good luck that way in the past with the factory store.

If you don't like 'em, I'll take 'em. That's how I like my Rhynos (I putt with them, and warped Rhynos are amazing approach discs). I used to use a GStar and R-Pro, but now I've got a wavy topped Pro and it's money, along with my R-Pro. I'm all for a production run of GB Pro Rhynos!

Hmmm, you might be surprised. Run to run, the Pro plastic used in the stiff Pro Pigs from the factory store has varied too. I've had a couple that were positively as floppy as RPro and some that were very stiff and a lot in between. I've never had an actual domey one, but they vary from pretty flat to a little concave. From the reviews, it looks like the stiff Pro Rhynos have been around since 2013. It looks like there might have been a domey run in 2017, but most of the reviews say they are flat and great. Given that Rhynos are generally more popular than Pigs, I imagine they've done quite a few runs of these by now. You could call and request flat ones in your order. I've had pretty good luck that way in the past with the factory store.

I think calling would be the only way to go. I'm not about to waste another 50-60 bucks on a stack of them. I just remember being so disappointed in them that it's hard for me to try again.

They're not the same as the old versions.

We have a big Rhyno following in my area and I always bag one.

I've tried to get into these but just end up switching out the Flat Top DX ones.

Idk if anyone has posted this yet.. Gregg contacted Roundhouse on the Millennium Disc Golf Collectors page on fb, he said they are going to be working on a signature Gregg Barsby Scorpius run!!

I'm surprised Barsby doesn't throw some Star Eagles...I got one recently and the plastic feels nice, no weird dome...looks like an EX should.

Latest posts