• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket cost

cjskier

Double Eagle Member
I have been given a great opportunity to design and instal a private 9 hole course for an action sports summer camp. Can someone give me a rough cost for 9 baskets(including shipping). Something quality, but we are on a tight budget. I only ask because I have been asked to build custom baskets for the course, and am trying to decieded if it is cost effective. I would be building the baskets to create a truly one of a kind course, not to save money. I need to propose the prelim design and cost next tuesday.

Please, just cost of 9 baskets, with shipping. No instal costs or tee costs.

Thanks a ton!

It cost me $3,761 last year to get 10 Innova DisCatcher Pros with 18 additional installation sleeves (9 baskets with 2 alternate positions and a practice basket). That was final cost shipped to me. I think prices just went up a bit on them, but for 9 you'd be in the $3,000 - $3,500 range. I dealt with Mark Molnar who I believe is the West Coast sales manager. I also compared to DGA and Discraft, but these were a way better deal.

Feel free to PM me with any further questions.

Tim S.

Don't forget the intangible cost of homemade baskets - the average rating of courses with homemade baskets is .91 discs lower than courses with real baskets. In fact, courses with homemade baskets are rated lower than courses with NO baskets.

So, if you're not going to buy baskets, you might as well save even more money and just put tape around trees, or use wooden posts.

As for costs of real baskets, you should be asking the manufacturers. They'll give you a price you can count on.

Don't forget the intangible cost of homemade baskets - the average rating of courses with homemade baskets is .91 discs lower than courses with real baskets. In fact, courses with homemade baskets are rated lower than courses with NO baskets.

So, if you're not going to buy baskets, you might as well save even more money and just put tape around trees, or use wooden posts.

As for costs of real baskets, you should be asking the manufacturers. They'll give you a price you can count on.

You need to see his homemade baskets!

What are you going to use to build the baskets?........Have you done it before and do you have the proper tools to bend steel rods? I'm not sure what tools you have at your disposal or what materials you are planning on use to build your basket, but without the proper tools making a basket out of steel rods or any other kind of durable/bendable metal is a PROJECT. It can definitely be done, but it is a pain in the #$$ if you have never done it before.

Here is my first home made disc basket. Made 100% out of skis. Cant wait to start another.
imgp1936large.jpg

imgp1938large.jpg

here

You can get 9 Instep Baskets shipped for just over 700 dollars currently without using paypal. If you use paypal and ebay I think it is about 700.

Wow those are incredibly unique! I would love to play a round on any course with those baskets just for the novelty of it:)

If you are up in Tahoe, you've gotta stick with the skis. Those are amazing!

To answer your question, though, I recently received quotes from DGA, Disc Nation, and Innova all in the range of $2,500 to $2,900, shipping included. Good luck!

I'm not showing this off because I didn't make it, but this was a christmas present this year. My Brother in law made it and I know it took him sometime, but the cost was minimal because he did find a lot of the materials laying around as scraps, but man is it sweet. It is his second basket and it catches great and sure as heck beats going out and spending 500 for a new one.

Attachments

• IMG_8225.jpg
    IMG_8225.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 133
I'm not showing this off because I didn't make it, but this was a christmas present this year. My Brother in law made it and I know it took him sometime, but the cost was minimal because he did find a lot of the materials laying around as scraps, but man is it sweet. It is his second basket and it catches great and sure as heck beats going out and spending 500 for a new one.

I couldn't help but notice the threading/texture. Did he use rebar and then paint/coat it?

Thanks prerube, and everyone who helped with a cost. Yes, the baskets I would make would be made from skis. I need to get a photo up of the one I made this year, its way nicer then the one I made last year(photos). Hope I can make this happen.

I figure If im buying the chain in bulk I can get each basket done for about 30-40 bucks material cost I think. The skis I get for free. This might be feasable.

That ski basket looks so cool, would love to see a pic of the other -- sorry to get off topic :cool:

Innova pro or dc chainstars will run about $300 each when you order nine. Shipping is $20 and up per basket depending where you live. If your in CALI, you might wanna go with innova to save a few bucks.

cj, that's a great basket. Can't wait to see your updated design. It looks like you have room to add more chains if desired. Does that "pole" ski nick up discs much depending on where you hit it? I need to visit Colorado when there isn't snow on the ground!

This is one of the baskets at Hornings Hideout. Just thought id post a pic of another custom basket -
Truck rims make an awesome sound :)

disc_golf_mom.jpg

Latest posts