• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket Plans

There are lots of other homemade basket threads here. Do a search and you should find some solid information. Check out the homemade basket galleries for ideas...that's what I did and my frankenbasket is sa-weet.

Thanks to everyone for the great responses!

The reason I was interesting in those particular plans is because I suck with tools, and I like the idea of "no heavy sawing or cutting."

Seriously. I'm about as good with cutting/sawing as the New Jersey Nets are with winning basketball games.

I have a friend who made three of these baskets and the work very well. Of course, they're not Mach 5's or Discatchers, but they work well for the money invested in making them.

I have a friend who made three of these baskets and the work very well. Of course, they're not Mach 5's or Discatchers, but they work well for the money invested in making them.

The plans say that it'll cost about $50 for all the parts, and in the end you get what you'd expect for $50.

The plans say that it'll cost about $50 for all the parts, and in the end you get what you'd expect for $50.

My buddy upgraded a little bit and came in around $100 a basket. The highest costing item was the chains.

My buddy upgraded a little bit and came in around $100 a basket. The highest costing item was the chains.

So at $100, why not go the extra $30 and get an M-14?

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProductList.php?sn=M-14

After spending $80 to build mine (which included several free and reclaimed/reused items), I now realize that it would've been in my best interest to just get one of these and, if necessary, add an additional layer of chains.

So at $100, why not go the extra $30 and get an M-14?

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProductList.php?sn=M-14

After spending $80 to build mine (which included several free and reclaimed/reused items), I now realize that it would've been in my best interest to just get one of these and, if necessary, add an additional layer of chains.

I have a M-14 and it suits me well.

However, the M-14 lacks the inner chains and has many more spits outs then out homemade baskets.

And it's cool to build your own basket.

Last edited:
Instep + second set of chains = winner.

I was going to build a total turd of a basket and the parts came out to $80. I told the lady at Home Depot sorry and went home and ordered an instep on eBay.

Latest posts