• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Basket Stolen from Veterans Park (Sylmar)

There has been 2 or 3 baskets stolen from the Bakersfield Truxten course over the last few years.

WAS GONE!!! We played our Wed. Tag game there yesterday. All the baskets are in.

Oops... we played in the morning. Damn. Right after we left. That sucks.

Did you play Veterans Park in Arlington or Sylmar?

haha, right? :doh:

TXDGboy, if you are in CA then i need to give you a list of places to go eat!

go eat. me no understand.

Txdgb, its assumed ur in TX, not Cali....the 'Veterans Park' course you play is in Arlington (we're assuming) and the 'veterans park' that the basket was stolen @ was in Sylmar, CA

^I would love for you to explain how every course down here is in gang/drug/gay territory, but OK.

My experiences at Sylmar involving the locals have all resulted in me getting my disc tossed back over the fence. Oh, and that yard by hole 4? Turns out that dog is actually super friendly and will not kill you. Nonetheless, I am very aware of the usual experience in Sylmar in general. In my honest opinion, I don't think sealing up the hole will help anything. Most of the neighborhood enters the park there, and I'm sure it would just get clipped again. Also, the fence is kind of in a ditch, and I think you can pretty effortlessly hand the basket over the fence.

Lately my issue has been at Oak Grove (I'm not sure if this is gang, gay, or drug land?). Was talking to another golfer who had his disc stolen from his lie. Later, we were trying to get a disc out of a tree and a bum stole my buddies disc from his lie, which was on a tee-pad. We later found him and he was all like 'ohh, yeah I was gonna call the number.' Yeah, whatever.

OG was a drug park before the course went in. There are still some rather sketchy meth heads there. As to the bum, that's probably Wild Bill. He can be volatile when he's hammered so be careful.

Chavez Ridge was a gay hookup park before the course went in. Most of that activity has been scared down to the lower road on the back side of the course tho.

Sylmar is in a gang area, and like any gang area there are going to be some good people in there who hate the hooligans and such just as much as the real DGers. The problem is we're often seen AS the hooligans by people who don't know anything about the game.

There are some courses which are on good property, but they've been there since before land became a big deal in SoCal.

OG was a drug park before the course went in. There are still some rather sketchy meth heads there. As to the bum, that's probably Wild Bill. He can be volatile when he's hammered so be careful.

Chavez Ridge was a gay hookup park before the course went in.

Sylmar is in a gang area

All of this...
DSCJNKY

It is too bad that OG still houses sketchy meth heads. You would think the police would have better people to ticket than to hide behind trees and ticket disc golfers smoking cigarettes.

Oh wait, the meth heads don't have any money to pay their fines with. Riiight. . . .

:)

So once I was playing OG with a group of the regulars (at the time I was a regular) and we were on the tee-pad of 12. I thought to myself, as I often did on that tee-pad, that this was a good time to take a break.

So I break out a disc and turn it upside down so I can get prepared... when another guy from the group, I thought, decided to do the same.

Suddenly, most of the locals I was with stopped paying attention to my disc and started paying attention to the other guys disc.

I thought to myself... damn, that guy must have a "nice" disc. So I looked to my left. It was then that I realized it was a different kind of disc than the kind of disc I was used to playing with on the course.

I put my disc away, threw my drive, finished the Hole and waited for them at the next tee.
DSCJNKY

go eat. me no understand.

nothing is where you are currently located in LA. you always have to drive at least 20 mins. so you have to go.... and then eat. :D

CA has real mexican food. tex-mex is bull$hit