• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Baskets for Australia

nooles

G'day from Aus,

I've recently been lucky enough to get involved with some course design here in Australia, working with our local council to get a course installed. This in turn has meant looking up basket options for the course in question.

We've been looking at all the major types, DGA Mach V, Innova DCP, Discraft Chainstar and Disc Nation Liberty.

I know the Disc Nation liberty is much cheaper than the rest, and theres been some really good feedback from the vendors we've dealt with to get the baskets here.

What I really am interested in, is the durability of these baskets. Not being that in touch with steel fabrication, the zinc powder galvanisation vs the hot dip galvanisation is my main question.

Will the Disc Nation baskets hold up long term as well as the DCP or the Mach V's? We've got some Mach V's on another course here, and they're great, held up fantastically over the last 12 months that the course has been in.

Being such a low level sport here in Aus, the baskets need to be really rugged due to people having no idea what these things are, so interested to hear if there's any difference to the mounting kits that are supplied with baskets too.

If there are any other comments on the baskets, how they catch in comparison to DCP's and Mach V's (they're the extent of the US made baskets we've got here in Aus) or just general feel I'm all ears!

Cheers all
Neil Roberts
Newcastle Disc Golf Club
Australia