• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Baskets stolen from Ft Steilacoom!!!!!!

Flies to the Left

Par Member
I thought I'll pass the word to more people by posting this info here.

On Sunday, January 24th, overnight the thieves struck again. Our club spent over 1000.00 dollars in 2009 to replace stolen baskets. Its only January and the #@$%!!*&^% thieves stole three more baskets. Thats right! Three more baskets were taken over night.
We will begin pulling all baskets in the park today. The Southeast course will be the first course to be pulled today. Until we can get the county to help us secure the park at night, the baskets on the southeast course will remain in storage.
Our sincerest appologies to all of our honest park users who will be affected by this blight on the community. If you are the one who has taken one of the seven baskets stolen over the last 2 years, we will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law.
A reward will be offered to anyone who can provide information leading to the arrest of the individuals responsible for theft of our equipment.

Sincerely,

a golfer who cant golf at his home course anymore!

There is a lot more info at this thread:
Ft. Steili Baskets Stolen

Another sad day for disc golf because of criminals.:(

What a shame....I had the opportunity to play here during a traveling trip. We arrived near dusk and thanks to some locals; we managed to get in nearly 18 holes. It was a good thing some locals showed us around too. As there were many tees to each pin; and the locals were claiming there were more than 60 possible shots available using various pins and tees. For this reason/claim, this course has always been one of my favorites. Not many courses have all of these options. I wish you luck catching the thieves.

That is really sad. One of my local courses had two baskets stolen a few years ago. It was a few weeks before a tournament too, so the club had to hurry and order two new baskets. Luckily during the tournament one dude was generous enough to make a hefty donation. I wish the best of luck to you're course.

Last edited:
That is so dumb, who would do that? Why would they do that? I mean, you could just go to the course if you wanted to play, or just buy baskets. I live near there and it's a fun course and I was looking forward to playing again. I hope they get it all fixed soon.

People around here steal the basket and chains but leave the pole. Every new course should consider having the chain assembly and basket welded to the pole before installation. It stinks to weld on new baskets but it would make them a lot harder to steal. Also no worries about broken or loose bolts which I see a lot.

That's a real shame. I live close to Stilly and get out there occasionaly. There are almost no parks which are really well secured at night. I don't think that feasible. I don't have a solution unless it's hanging the little bastards who stole them. Cut off their hands like in Saudi Arabia!

Latest posts