• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

More Gimmicks, Please!

I don't want to speak for Mr Lambert, but I will say that from my point of view, the pride, craftsmanship and artistry developed into the flying armadillo property, is phenomenal and first class.

Thank you, sir, I appreciate that! My son Michael and I do most of the construction work. We're definitely amateurs, but we try to design and build projects that we think are cool, maybe a little bit out there, and that are challenging for both of us. We mainly design for ourselves and figure if we like something most of the customers will too.

We've been working on the courses and buildings for almost 7 years now, and I like to think we've gotten pretty good at making things. Those 25 acres have become our playground. Not just for playing disc golf, but for dabbling in whatever creative thing catches our eye. We get to make furniture, chainsaw carvings, mosaics, welded sculptures, and fun projects like the Ultimate Gimmick Hole.

I like it. It reminds me of Baca in ALBQ. There the designer didn't have much natural stuff to work with but made the best of what he could find.

We finally got around to painting it. I hate painting.

View attachment 72708

Wowza!

attachment.php

Last edited:
So far I've only played one hole with a man made basket placement. The raised basket on a plywood platform, it was an eyesore on what was a scenic hole. I'm 6 foot and had to tip toe to retrieve my disc, and barely grapping it. I chuckled the thought of those who are shorter and trying to find a way to get their disc out, perhaps grabbing the basket and doing a pull up. I'm for the natural look. But willing to play a course dedicated to the gimmicks.

Latest posts