• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

bead and beadless?

If you look on the very bottom of some discs where the nose ends, you will notice a small bead of plastic.

wizard with bead on right

voodoo without bead on left

Hope this helps

Attachments

• gds_voodoo_sss_gal5.jpg
    gds_voodoo_sss_gal5.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 87
  • gds_wizard_org_gal4.jpg
    gds_wizard_org_gal4.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 81
The bead is the little "round" piece under the lip. Rocs, Wizards, and Aviars are some discs with a bead

thanks. i was just looking for an easy way to remember which is which. i throw rhbh. and sometimes forehand.

Just cause it has a bead doesnt mean it will do one thing or another. Depends on other things like how beat up the disc is

If you look on the very bottom of some discs where the nose ends, you will notice a small bead of plastic.

Hope this helps

Right on man, thanks. The pics helped alot more then just words. LOL.

Hope this helps

Voodoo does have a bead, it's just smaller than most. Right?

If I am not mistaken, here is the breakdown:
Aviar P&A used to be small bead, now is beadless (DX, R-Pro, & STAR).
Not sure about BB/SB status of Pro Aviar.
Omega SS carries the flag for the small-bead Aviar P&A mold now.
KC Aviar, JK Aviar, Champ Aviar, STAR Aviar Driver are big-bead Aviar Driver mold.

If I am not mistaken, here is the breakdown:
Aviar P&A used to be small bead, now is beadless (DX, R-Pro, & STAR).
Not sure about BB/SB status of Pro Aviar.
Omega SS carries the flag for the small-bead Aviar P&A mold now.
KC Aviar, JK Aviar, Champ Aviar, STAR Aviar Driver are big-bead Aviar Driver mold.

Does this mean that they no longer make the Classic Aviar? I thought that was the only Aviar that was beadless. Oh well.

It acts as a stabilizer. Some people love discs with beads, some don't.

So, if I get this right.... as an example, I would probably want to use a big bead aviar for driving short holes and long approaches, and only use a beadless aviar for putting and short approaches?

So, if I get this right.... as an example, I would probably want to use a big bead aviar for driving short holes and long approaches, and only use a beadless aviar for putting and short approaches?

It's all personal preference on which to use and when. A lot of people use the BB star aviar as their primary driving putter. I particularly use rhynos but there again, it's whatever feels best in your hands and flies how you prefer.

I know some players who can't use discs with beads then I know some who prefer beaded discs or a mixture of both.

ok i got that. now whats an easy way to remember which one is a hyzer, and with is a anhyzer?

picture.php

ok i got that. now whats an easy way to remember which one is a hyzer, and with is a anhyzer?

Annie has a face.

Just remember that.

Now lemme 'splain for ju.

Hyzer means the disc is tipped down , anhyzer the disc is tipped up.
When you tip the disc up, anhyzer, you can see all the writing on the top of the disc. The face.

When you tip the disc down, hyzer, you cant.

So anhyzer, or Annie, has a face. :D

Annie has a face.

Just remember that.

Now lemme 'splain for ju.

Hyzer means the disc is tipped down , anhyzer the disc is tipped up.
When you tip the disc up, anhyzer, you can see all the writing on the top of the disc. The face.

When you tip the disc down, hyzer, you cant.

So anhyzer, or Annie, has a face. :D
That's more work than just memorizing which way a Hyzer shot goes. :thmbdown:

Here is a bead cartoon for ya:
beadnt1.jpg