• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Beast Vs Valkyrie

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
They seem to have the exact same flight rating except the Beast seems faster. Anyone have any thoughts on both. I am thinking about changing out my Valk for a Beast.

They fly almost the same for me, but the beast has a wider rim.

I changed from the Valk to the Beast. Its faster and longer, yet it flies as straight for me. The Beast is just a little upgrade to me. That said, have you tried a Surge ESP? That's my best driver. I prefer the Surge to the Beast, but I use both. Straight and almost no fade unless you put some on it.

I believe the Beast is slightly more stable than the Valk. Since their speed rating is so close, one shouldn't get more distance than the other.

In my experience, the Valk is slightly more flippy...possibly since it is a slightly slower disc. I agree with the previous post that the Beast is slightly more stable.

To me the Valk seems easier to turn over than the Beast but I have always had problems turning over disc's. Opinions aside, the Valkyrie does hold the world distance record at '820...

I changed from the Valk to the Beast. Its faster and longer, yet it flies as straight for me. The Beast is just a little upgrade to me. That said, have you tried a Surge ESP? That's my best driver. I prefer the Surge to the Beast, but I use both. Straight and almost no fade unless you put some on it.

I've never used a valk but I really do like my beast. I completely agree with boyouace though, I love my surge. It's a surge ss in elite z because I'm not quite strong enough for the original surge. I can throw it farther and straighter then my beast.

I prefer the Valkerie over the Beast, but it is all a matter of opinion. They are both great discs, and I have owned both, but the Valkerie just works better for me. Great distance, and great control. I prefer the Valkerie in DX plastic.

I have been wondering the same thing lately. I have both and the beast seems to be slightly more stable but the valk seems to have more glide. But the distance I get from them is pretty damn close. I'm beginning to think I'm overthinking the importance of the disc and underthinking proper technique. If you had a machine throw them they would probably land right next to eachother.

Courtesy of Joe's Flight Chart: http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgo...1.pdf?osCsid=3aa5d972a2f40319e4c3ece699fe0406

the only difference in the 2 discs is the low speed stability (LSS) - beast is a 2, valkyrie is a 3

basically meaning, at high speeds, they will act the same, but as they start losing speed, the valkyrie will be a little more stable

this is the reason why I personally prefer the valkyrie, because it is less susceptible to cut rolling when throwing long anhyzers - they are better for S shots, because they will be more likely to come back at the end

the best would be better for somebody who can not throw over 300'

The first driver I bought was a Champion Valkyrie and loved playing with it. Several rounds later, I found a Champion Beast and never caught on to playing with it. When I wanted a speed upgrade, I went with the Groove instead of the Boss because of the Groove's rounded rim that was similar to the Valkyrie I have become so accustomed to using. The Boss was more like the beast with the straight rim on a slope (if you can see what I mean). Any time a friend has borrowed a disc, I let them use the Beast and when multiple people need to borrow my discs, a rock paper scissors match breaks out for who gets to use the Beast. Seems like the sentiment on here is that the Beast is a great disc. Maybe I'll heed everyone's advice and give it a try.

I remember when Valks came on the market and I have been smiling ever since about that disc... but as far as the beast, I gave it a try and it just did not work itself into my bag.

i find that i can throw the valk on a tighter s-curve than the beast and prefer it for narrower fairways but i can get more distance out of the beast on open holes. both great discs.

i find that i can throw the valk on a tighter s-curve than the beast and prefer it for narrower fairways but i can get more distance out of the beast on open holes. both great discs.

I do just that. I have an older Champ Valk that goes almost dead straight for 300ft. I use my Beast for open holes, but you have to make sure the wind is behind you. For head winds I use the Wraith.

I like hyzer flipping my champ Valk, can crank that bad boy out to about 310', dead straight except for the last 20 odd feet.

Latest posts