• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beating in a disc

I've never tried this but why not try a bunch of 1 disc rounds on a heavily wooded course. It might work and could be a lot of fun too.

Why not just find a premium plastic disc that flies like you want? I know there are extreme specialty shots that no manufactured disc fit, but there are disc that fly like a beat up dx beast. Always seems that this would save work to beat in the disc, build in consistency through lack of ever changing flight characteristics, save money and not having to work with three of the same disc to keep one in the 'sweet (or beat) spot".

You can't buy a premium putter that flies like a beat SS magic

When playing alone throw the disc you are trying to beat in as your second throw no matter what. It will not only beat the disc in but you'll also get to really learn how that disc flys. Do this for as long as you want until the disc gets beat in to your specs.

Go to your local Laundromat and throw it in a dryer with some shoes on low heat.

This has been covered ad nauseum.

Friend of mine went into the bathroom at the course with a DX Roc and just started firing it into the wall to get it beat in for our Roc vs Buzzz tourney... then he taco'd it... he didn't do so well in the tourney.

To keep from damaging the disc and or taking chunks out of the disc,just throw them in a dryer in a pillow case. Make sure you tie the pillow case so the disc doesn't fall out. Put it on high heat and let it tumble 3 times all the way through the cycle.

I done one of my Zero Line Hard Pures this way and it is an excellent Turnover/Approach disc now. It's actually pretty solid for straight shots with no fade too.

To keep from damaging the disc and or taking chunks out of the disc,just throw them in a dryer in a pillow case. Make sure you tie the pillow case so the disc doesn't fall out. Put it on high heat and let it tumble 3 times all the way through the cycle.

I done one of my Zero Line Hard Pures this way and it is an excellent Turnover/Approach disc now. It's actually pretty solid for straight shots with no fade too.

I've never heard of this method, but it's sounds crazy enough to just work.

Wait so this dryer thing isn't a joke? The ****...

I wouldn't mind having a nice understable z buzzz. I picked up a couple x buzzz's to naturally beat into turnover discs.... But IF this works maybe ill give it a try.

Or just throw some rollers into gravel lol

I'm trying to beat in a 12X KC Pro Aviar to match the ones that I have that are a few years old. They have hundreds of rounds played on them and make a great putter that's not as slick. DX beats in super easy, but how about the 12X KC. I was thinking a fine sandpaper on the edges? The dryer?

hold the disc by the rim like your throw a flick. then slam it into the curb or street until you get what you're looking for (you don't have to let it go). you might wanna rotate the disc as your beating it in. it won't take too long, I've done this a few times with my star stingrays.

hold the disc by the rim like your throw a flick. then slam it into the curb or street until you get what you're looking for (you don't have to let it go). you might wanna rotate the disc as your beating it in. it won't take too long, I've done this a few times with my star stingrays.

:doh:

Or just tap it on the edge of something hard like the edge of a file cabinet while watching tv. I have never done this but it would work. Why not keep it the way it is for putts that you need to hyzer at the end??

I'd throw it at a disc golf basket. For like an hour.....every day. It'll wear in a natural fashion and you'll be a better putter. Call me crazy though I usually just dry my clothes in the dryer.

I'd throw it at a disc golf basket. For like an hour.....every day. It'll wear in a natural fashion and you'll be a better putter. Call me crazy though I usually just dry my clothes in the dryer.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Or....just buy a disc that flies like a beat star stingray. :doh:

Latest posts