• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag for 2024

Art Stryker

Bogey Member
Hi all. I've got a new bag I would like to post. It's pretty straight forward and versatilish(i think). Overall it's a nice bag. I will be maybe making changes or will be up for suggestions to try from your comments.

Feel free to post suggestions or if you enjoy talking disc golf we can do that too.

Thanks for looking.

Drivers
MVP Zenith
Discraft Anax
Latitude 64 Sapphire
Latitude 64 Jade

Fairways
MVP Crave
Latitude 64 Diamond
Latitude 64 Explorer

Multipurpose
Discraft Predator
Innova Banshee
Latitude 64 Trident

Midranges
Discraft BuzzzSS
Discraft Buzzz
Discraft BuzzzOS
Discraft Comet

Putters
Innova Rhyno
Discraft Zone
Discraft Challenger
Discraft Luna
Discraft Fierce(main putter)

Looks like a good lineup. Do the Luna and Challenger overlap? I've never used either one as a thrower. Same question for the Anax and Predator (althougth I know some blends of the Anax are less stable than 0/3 would suggest).

Looks like a good lineup. Do the Luna and Challenger overlap? I've never used either one as a thrower. Same question for the Anax and Predator (althougth I know some blends of the Anax are less stable than 0/3 would suggest).
My Challenger i use for shorter straight drives where it has less glide. If I need the same shot but longer with the glide I go for the Luna.

My Predator is a flat top. So it's pure beef. The Anax is similar to a Orc from Innova if you have ever thrown that. It's an amazing forehand disc too.

Thanks for looking. Forgot to post that.

Nice. Seems like a solid bag, you're comfortable at the 10/11 speed range (i top out at 11) and have all the slots covered for each. Discraft invaded my slower speed slots this past year too!

Nice. Seems like a solid bag, you're comfortable at the 10/11 speed range (i top out at 11) and have all the slots covered for each. Discraft invaded my slower speed slots this past year too!
Yeah it feels good. Every now and then I question why I keep a Jade. Then I go to a new course and the the glow from the heavens hits the disc. Lol

I'm kinda in and out some. Busy with the wife and kid and stuff,but anyways I was just skimming through some posts. It's kinda slow in here? Is that normal?

Slow in what way?

Maybe no as active as I thought it would be? Trying to figure out how to word it right.

Gotcha, yeah it always slows down a bit in January cause less people are throwing so less people are thinking about disc golf. Plenty of stuff to keep up with though. Some new reviews to read. My bag is posted here: Surge's Bag - 2024

I'm also working on trying to get just good enough to be sponsored or just get a word in with Discraft.

I do physical fitness and all that stuff. I have a program that would do wonders for the pros in the offseason. So I'm basically trying to be like a personal trainer per say for the Discraft company. That's what I'm striving for anyways.

Shoot I'm in my 40's. I wanna do it and my family are behind me. But anyways that would be alright doing that for a living.

Solid bag, and I love to see a Trident in there. Maybe some overlap with BuzzzSS/Comet and Luna/Chally but if they do I'm different things for you it's cool.

I would want something more OS than your Trident/Banshee/BuzzzOS but it looks like you may not throw that hard so it could be perfect.

Solid bag, and I love to see a Trident in there. Maybe some overlap with BuzzzSS/Comet and Luna/Chally but if they do I'm different things for you it's cool.

I would want something more OS than your Trident/Banshee/BuzzzOS but it looks like you may not throw that hard so it could be perfect.
I think I max out around 390ish. Probably average about 365 to 370 on drives. I guess that's average? Not sure. Lol

My Trident has some turn before coming back. Banshee holds the line and fades. Same with the BuzzzOS just slower.

My Trident and my Banshee are my babies. Oh plus the Trident is perfect for forehand rollers.

That's surprising, I've never seen someone who cracks 350 regularly bag a the Latitude gem series discs. Are you mainly a finesse thrower? Not a lot of forehands?

Moose not many people want their book ends quite as OS as you, and I imagine that flat Pred may be beefy enough for most of us mortals. :ROFLMAO:

I was also surprised by the easy to throw line stuff, particularly the Jade/Diamond as the Sapphire is surprisingly good even at speed. I enjoy some flippier and light weight stuff but would take a 160s crave over a diamond for everything but late flipping rollers, but if I am putting a disc down to roll I don't want light weight.
DGA vortex is what I tend to recommend everyone try that enjoys flippy stuff but has the arm to get the heavier discs up to speed well. They still shock me at how useable they are.

Art Stryker, which discs are your go to, or most thrown? Your line up seems to cover everything and then some. Not sure how much you play or how long you've been playing, but without a lot of time and reps on specific discs sometimes its hard to really "know" that many discs well. you mention not being sure of whether the Jade really deserves a spot in the bag, what do you think would happen on those days it's really working at a new course if you didn't have it? Would the Sapphire/diamond/crave stand out instead? I find myself stepping back and playing a little while with 12-14 discs often to help me decide what I really need or learn the stuff I am trying out.

That's surprising, I've never seen someone who cracks 350 regularly bag a the Latitude gem series discs. Are you mainly a finesse thrower? Not a lot of forehands?
I'm mainly finesse. I play 90% wooded courses. I weigh 135lbs but I'm pretty fit for my age so I guess that helps. Plus I've been playing since my teens.

I do throw a few forehands but mainly for short range drives or approaches.

Moose not many people want their book ends quite as OS as you, and I imagine that flat Pred may be beefy enough for most of us mortals. :ROFLMAO:

I was also surprised by the easy to throw line stuff, particularly the Jade/Diamond as the Sapphire is surprisingly good even at speed. I enjoy some flippier and light weight stuff but would take a 160s crave over a diamond for everything but late flipping rollers, but if I am putting a disc down to roll I don't want light weight.
DGA vortex is what I tend to recommend everyone try that enjoys flippy stuff but has the arm to get the heavier discs up to speed well. They still shock me at how useable they are.

Art Stryker, which discs are your go to, or most thrown? Your line up seems to cover everything and then some. Not sure how much you play or how long you've been playing, but without a lot of time and reps on specific discs sometimes its hard to really "know" that many discs well. you mention not being sure of whether the Jade really deserves a spot in the bag, what do you think would happen on those days it's really working at a new course if you didn't have it? Would the Sapphire/diamond/crave stand out instead? I find myself stepping back and playing a little while with 12-14 discs often to help me decide what I really need or learn the stuff I am trying out.
Sapphire is my go to driver. It's easy to control. I can hit some great drives with it. Took me a bit to get use to 158gram drivers but once you do they are great discs.

I've been playin for 23 years. Hard telling how many different molds I've tried lol. When it gets warm I hit the course after work a few times and then on my days off I go out of state to try different courses. I've played with lots of pros over the years and learned a lot in that time too.

Once I thought about it the Jade when I use it at courses I'm new at if I just give it a bit of a tug and flip it it goes dead straight about 320ft. Gives me a good upshot. I do have a few holes here where it's a no brainer to use it,but it's like maybe 4 holes. Lol

The Crave for me is a shorter Sapphire. Throws pretty similar out of the hand for me. The Diamond is almost kinda multipurpose for me where it is so flippy. I keep a worn one and a fresh one in my bag.

I'm pretty familiar with my bag minus the diamond and jade. Even though I know the discs they still get a mind of their own at times. Lol

Latest posts