• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beaver Ranch...

I had the great pleasure of playing this beast today. Me and a three buddies went up for a scouting round this afternoon/evening before this weekends doubles scramble tournament and wow, this place is unreal. Im reasonably experienced although its only a ton of rounds on a few courses unfortunately and I am very very average skill wise. This place kicked my ass physically (don't use "its a hike" ever again until you've played these 20 holes) and in terms of my score but I have never had a better experience on a course. If you are in Colorado for any reason whether it be a trip or you just live here, you MUST play this course. Im going to hold off on a full review until I play this place twice this weekend just because I want to see this course at its absolute best but I can assure you this is the definition of a 5 out of 5. Can't wait for this weekend!

I recently went up as well and I can tell its going to be a real fun tournement. When you get to the first tee box you know what you're in for.

It is a very very solid course. Thanks to Ponto and all of those involved on making it such a great thing!

The course is seriously one of the greatest if not the greatest in Colorado. What makes it even better is that its so close to the Denver area.

The greatest thing of all though is that this is the course I also got my first Ace - although no one but myself was around to see!

The course is seriously one of the greatest if not the greatest in Colorado. What makes it even better is that its so close to the Denver area.

The greatest thing of all though is that this is the course I also got my first Ace - although no one but myself was around to see!

Lies

My family and i will go to colorado next month.I think it's the perfect time to go there and play DG.Thanks for sharing the new course.I'm really excited for the next month to come.

I just played this last week along with a few others. Sorry guys, of the courses I just played, Sipapu in New Mexico blew Beaver Ranch away. Comparable because they are both mountain courses with great views. I also thought Waterworks in Kansas City was a better course. Different type of course but still had better shots/holes. I don't think Beaver Ranch is among the top 5 courses. The new Tee signs are nice though, they made navigation easy.

All,

For those of you who have played the Beav lately, you've certainly noticed the installation of professional, high-end zip lines. My understanding is those will be available for $100 for 4 hours of amazing fun. That's not all that's in the works...

Come August 1, Beaver Ranch DGC will become pay-to-play. The per day charge will be $3. I believe it will be on the honor system. You can also purchase a annual pass for $40 at the main office. Other passes available will be a $10 family pass for the day, an $18 monthly pass per person, and a $50 family monthly pass.

So what will all these funds be going towards?
I'm glad you asked!

Beaver Ranch is on board with installing concrete tee pads!! Additionally, the board is excited to work with us to install another 18-20 hole disc golf course!!

So please support Beaver Ranch with the pay-to-play policy and look forward to some great, exciting things happening at the Beav!!

Thanks.

Ponto

concrete tee pads.. I hope it doesn't ruin the feel of the course. Personally I think some courses just shouldn't have concrete. But I am super excited about there being another course possibly being put in. Would make it a pretty sweet day to play both. Always good to see people involved in the sport. :)

How close to Denver? Real driving directions. I'm staying on the south side (Centennial) some time in late October, and want to play Beaver and Phantom after work. I'm wondering if I'll have time (one per day) and if there will be snow.

How close to Denver? Real driving directions. I'm staying on the south side (Centennial) some time in late October, and want to play Beaver and Phantom after work. I'm wondering if I'll have time (one per day) and if there will be snow.

From Centennial, it will take you about 45 minutes to Beaver Ranch and about 1 hour to Phantom Falls. Snow? It's possible but not likely or certainly not likely to stick at that time.

Regarding if you'll have time, I guess that depends when you're done with work ;) BR will take around 3 hours to play and Phantom Falls can take much more or less depending on how many holes you play.

Ponto, that is great news on concrete tees, and even better news on the new course! Where will it be relative to the current course?

Conifer is probably the most fun course I have played. It will work you, but the design is great and the shots are fun.

Bring some understable discs. Everything is more stable at elevation.

Ponto, that is great news on concrete tees, and even better news on the new course! Where will it be relative to the current course?

The proposed area would be further down Foxton Rd. In other words, adjacent to the area where hole 21, 20, and 17 pins are. The other side of the Blackhawk trail near the previously mentioned holes.

There is also discussion of moving the parking lot to that side (further down Foxton Rd. at the alternate entrance where the other end of the Valley Trail trailhead resides). This would be closer to the new course and possibly slightly closer to tee 1 of the existing course.

The second course is going to take some time to develop. It's a tangled mess of downed timber and relatively steep terrain, akin to Holes 1-4 of the current course. Having said that, Beaver Ranch received a grant for fire mitigation and that will help but will still require a tremendous amount of volunteer work to clear and build the new course. Hopefully sometime by 2013 we can have that course up and running. 2012 is a goal but might not be practical.

yeah i would have to agree with some of you saying that your unsure about the concrete tee pads..I personally like the natural feel of the course. Also adding another 20 holes to the course? It's gonna be a beast at this place! Being pay to play I'm a little bummed about that but this is BR DGC we're talking about, so it's worth the money to play.