• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Been playing for a few months

rrtyler033

Hello everybody,

I've been playing for a few months and I'm hooked. However I made the mistake of buying a lot of long distance drivers that I'm not yet capable of throwing well. I've found myself throwing my putter (wizard) off of the tee a lot on shorter holes and having a good amount of success. Go figure. My question is are there any drivers that have a similar feel in the hand as a wizard that would help me improve my distance.

Thanks.

Feeling that. 3 months and about 60 disc. I just started figuring out what I can throw. 150 class Avenger and prodigy M's and DD truth and a meator are disc I can throw with regularity, I am averaging about 70 holes a week and I practice putting daily. Go get you some
Good luck
G$

Welcome to the site! Your not going to find any drivers that feel like any putters. But there are midranges which are a huge part of my game. If you want specif molds; Gator, Gremlin and Spider would all be somewhat close since they have beads. But they are also more on the overstable side(especially the Gator). I would suggest just getting your hands on a bunch of different mid ranges and giving them a try.

From Innova, a Shark, Roc or Mako would be good options. Otherwise maybe a Comet or Buzzz from Discraft. All good midranges and there are numbers of others from other manufacturers. A little research and hands on feel will get you there.

Thanks everybody for the suggestions. I plan on picking up a roc and a buzz to start with and then go from there.

Driver wise you can still get good lines out of your faster discs throwing them FH. Sometimes I think the faster discs are better suited for FH duties. But if you want a good driver check out the Leopard. Similar (not identical) include River, FD Jackal, Patriot, XL, Underworld, Witness, Amp, Sabre, Polaris, Trak, F5 or F7, and Crave. I think I got one from everybody.

A really good 1st midrange is the Tangent. It has a putter-like feel, is dead straight at a wide power range, fairly forgiving of release errors. Longer than a putter, but neutral like one. Somebody can help me out maybe, but iirc from Innova the Coyote is sort of similar to it...smaller diameter mid.

Welcome from Upper Michigan!
Way too many people fall into the trap of trying to spend their way to good play when they should just stick to 3 or 4 discs and learn how to throw them. Constantly buying/switching discs really holds you back.
Stick with it and have fun!!!