• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Been playing going on 2 weeks. Looking for some disc advice

Yea your def right about seasoning discs. It seasoned up a few discs mainly my DX Teebird. I've got to move up to a better plastic. Prolly start out getting a premium mid range and then a premium putter. We don't have a PIAS in Rocky Mount but we got Tar River Outdoors which I will go to tomorrow and see what's in stock and what used discs they have.

@pfpro: I don't it was just something about the lay out and the rocky downhill shots. Ill be back up to Raleigh and play about once a week. I like to to travel outside the home town to play different courses to learn new skills. Thinking about playing the courses in Kinston NC and New Bern NC here soon. Just get both in throughout the course of a day

Bag now consists of:

Pro Destroyer 168g (Innova)
Star Teebird 175g (Innova)
DX Teebird 150g (Innova)

Champion Panther 167g (Innova)
DX Leopard 175g (Innova)
DX Shark 171g (Innova)

Hydra 175g (Innova)
Discraft X Soft APX 171g (Discraft)

My question is what is the better plastic to go with at Discraft? In the mid ranges they have like 6 different kinds.

I am looking at ordering a Buzzz and I want to order another putter from Discraft.

What might be comparable to a Star Plastic or Champion Plastic by Innova?

I have a Soft putter from them now which I can control pretty well. Should I get a "harder" putter to pair with the soft or can someone recommend a good soft putter to pair with the one I have now.

Also open to recommendations to mid ranges other than the Buzzz

Thanks Everyone
-James

I really love Z plastic Buzzz midrange discs. They feel great in my hand, hold a straight line, and the plastic is very tough. Believe me, I have smacked my fair share of trees with my Z plastic discs and they really hold up well.

As for mid ranges other than a Buzzz (although I think Buzzz is probably your best bet), I have also had success with my Latitude 64 Opto Core. It has nice glide and I find that I can get it up to speed pretty easily.

Honestly, if you are just starting out I would avoid buying too many different discs at first. I think you have a nice bag right now. Once you master those discs you will probably have a better idea as to what sorts of discs you want to get next.

Last edited:
I appreciate the info. I will probably keep an eye out for a buzzz in my local shop. After I get a buzzz ill probably chill and try and perfect them

Yea your def right about seasoning discs. It seasoned up a few discs mainly my DX Teebird. I've got to move up to a better plastic. Prolly start out getting a premium mid range and then a premium putter.

IMO premium plastic putters are to slick for putting. I like Legacy Clozers for putting in protege plastic but a lot of people use the Legacy Clutch. The Clutch is very similar to a Discraft Magnet. Once you find a putter that you like to putt with, buy several of the same weight so you can practice without having to walk back an forth so much. Good luck.

Im rather new myself and I got a factory second Leopard in star that weighs 150 and I can throw it the easiest by far. Aside from a few scuffs the thing still looks brand new despite my many launches into a tree 10 ft from the tee. :wall:

I also have a Mako3 and Panther in champion that I carry with me. No bag yet but I carry four discs so I can work on my throws as much as I can. The Mako3 is a very sweet disc for me as it seems that I can just place it where ever I want.

I appreciate the info. I will probably keep an eye out for a buzzz in my local shop. After I get a buzzz ill probably chill and try and perfect them

I throw a buzzz just about every round I play... I like the x and z plastic, prefer Z. The base plastic I don't care for.

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/ Disc golf center is a great place to order disc online if you don't find what you need locally, free shipping plus you choose color and weight