• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beginner forehand disc

If she has a massive amount of OAT a Flick woulf be a great disc. Start it out in lower weights and move up to heavy if she still turns them over.

I can't believe nobody has suggested a Teebird. If she really is flipping them radically make it a Champ Teebird.

I'll say Banshee or Starfire for the hell of it. It's what I use to cover up my OAT and I'm 6'2" so...

wow didnt think the banshee was so popular :thmbup: i think champ is the best
also have a star FL goes really straight nice skip

star Teerex or champ Orc. If she wanted to work a little bit on form at some time, a champ teebird would then be the next step.

Lighter Teebird, Banshee or Striker. Maybe a stable mid if she is hardcore and wants to work on form. Buzzz, Cro, Ace Race could all be options. I am in the beginning stages of working on a forehand, and I think any of the options in the stable mid, fairway or maybe speed 9 discs are good options as long as the disc feels comfortable in her hand. The higher speed options may not feel good or allow her to get a good grip unless she has huge hands. Not likely. Stick with slower driver or mid.

Teebird or eagle, start light and work up on the weight as she gets better. Star plastics will beat in slower too so the flight path will stay consistent longer as she learns.

My wife didn't have much of a forehand (and still struggles to an extent), but a 150 Z Flick worked well for her until she lost it...the disc, not her mind.

When my daughter first started she threw so hard we ended up getting her a Destroyer. She has since reached a disc golf milestone, purchasing her first disc which she used her own money for. She picked up an Innova Champ Leopard. I'm so proud!

Latest posts