• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best all around disc

JLS

It can float on air like a mid, it can skip like a Flick (kinda), it can flip, it can S, it can hold an anny line and it can cut the wind if it ain't too beat.

Mids on a windy day ain't no fun.

That's a stretch.

The X Comet is definitely a bit more understable than the N Axis. I have not thrown a Z Comet, but I'm willing to bet that most players would find the flight of the Z Comet, and N Axis very similar.

This is kind of getting tedious, but seriously, go throw a z comet and you'll find that while they are both stable midrange discs, they really are not very similar in terms of flight or how they like to be thrown.

This is kind of getting tedious, but seriously, go throw a z comet and you'll find that while they are both stable midrange discs, they really are not very similar in terms of flight or how they like to be thrown.

Discussing things ad naseum is what forums are all about right? We'll just agree to disagree and be on our merry way, Comet and Axis in hand, content in the knowledge that each of our favorite mids is better than the other's

:D

Axis would be my choice. I love the Z Comets, they have more LSS than X, I love the ESP's too, I carry both Comets and Axis. Comet needs a higher ceiling, Axis works flatter lines and FH better. But yeah very similar results.

im gonna change my answer and go with n anode. Scored my third best round on my home course with just two anodes. great disc and i have not seen too many putters on this thread.

Vibram Ibex. It holds every line, lasts forever, and has great grip.

Ibex really is a great disc, and I can't even believe it's starting to push my beloved Element off to the side as my favorite midrange. I have a firm and a soft, so I think I'll have to get a medium to satisfy the disc hoarder in me. :D

Axis, better than a buzzz for obvious reasons. Holds an anny line forever, most forward penetrating hyzer shots of any mid i have thrown, can also go dead straight.. just extreme versatility.. and its a higher speed than buzzz so you can throw it alot farther.. but it powers down just as well and you can even putt with it if you have to.

Axis, better than a buzzz for obvious reasons. Holds an anny line forever, most forward penetrating hyzer shots of any mid i have thrown, can also go dead straight.. just extreme versatility.. and its a higher speed than buzzz so you can throw it alot farther.. but it powers down just as well and you can even putt with it if you have to.

Oh yea.. more glide too.

Might want to pick up a vector for windy days tho.

The Axis is definitely more versatile than the Buzzz with the same ability for straightness....I don't really think it's faster though. A really flat Buzzz or 2FR Buzzz is at least as fast or faster than the Axis.

Latest posts