• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best backhard roller disc to start out with?

The oldest ugleist POS you can find. If its really beat a teebird could work but dx works better for my rollers. Its always better to start with a less stable disc so unless the bird is really beat it may not be the best option.

TeeBirds are great rollers. Used Champ Teebirds for a long time. After you get the hang of the landing point and angle and path it takes, you should experiment with a little more stable discs (or Teebirds) to see if they roll longer or straighter. I just went back to a Valkyrie for rolling; new Star 174g. pretty stable. Very Sweet Roller!

I have 2 light D Avenger SS that Im hoping will be a good start for me. Really want to add rollers to my arsenal.

Why do you all say an under stable disc? I have always found something a bit more over stable to be the best. A Z XL is my go to roller.

Oh, I didn't even look at a number difference between a Z and a Pro-D...

I was just going by Pro-D or X flights. They shouldn't be that different, though.

Why do you all say an under stable disc? I have always found something a bit more over stable to be the best. A Z XL is my go to roller.

I go with an understable disc for BH rollers because it is easier to flip, but I just started throwing a roller BH.

Oh, I didn't even look at a number difference between a Z and a Pro-D...

I was just going by Pro-D or X flights. They shouldn't be that different, though.

I believe the xl has the widest range of stability's of all discs(at-least Discraft).

D=0
X=1.0
esp=1.2
ESP FLX=1.5
Z=1.5

Not including the older runs of elite plastic, I would put them around a .7.

I go with an understable disc for BH rollers because it is easier to flip, but I just started throwing a roller BH.

I just find I throw rollers by the angel of my release, not turning a disc over. This way when the disc hits and starts rolling, it goes straight, and does not turn right like an under stable disc does.

I have rolled past baskets over 500' out this way. No way I can throw that far, especially with LOTS of trees around

I say boy, whats a backhard? Beat Teebird is a good roller, Roc, Stingray, hell any disc rolls, just depends on what line you are looking for and put it on the right angle.

Latest posts