• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best basket inthe 200 dollar range.

Menacewarf

Double Eagle Member
So far I've found the Discnation Freedom for 220 and Discatcher Sport for 185. The seem fairly similar and are both single chains apparently. Can anyone compare these two or offer any other options?

i know a great place to buy chain online if you need to add to them ...i put in a course using Insteps ...i added 14 sets to each one so they now have 28 total ... the chain is $83 for 125 feet ...so you would have enough to add to 4-5 baskets depending on how much you need ...the length i cut mine was like 22 inches i think

I just found the Mach II for 275. I wonder if they come down for buying 18.

I received a quote for 18 Mach 2's about a week ago. With freight charges (will vary) it came to about $255/basket.

I'll probably be putting in Mach 2's when it's time to set the baskets on my upcoming home course.

I can then upgrade when the time comes to add a second course. Or raffle them off to offset the new basket costs if I decide against a second course.

If your gonna go with the single chain, and add chains, get the discatcher sport. They are much better when chains are added on to them. Also look around for deals. I've seen multiple times manufacturers offer a free 19th basket when you order 18. You could keep it as a practice or sell it to offset costs.

Last edited:
My instep was 70 bucks shipped to my house, then I added 20 bucks of extra internal chains. I'm happy with it, the cage is a bit shallow, but with the extra chains it catches like a beast. I'm happy with the price too, under 90 bucks, you can't beat that. You could get two for under 200 modified at that price......just sayin.

If your gonna go with the single chain, and add chains, get the discatcher sport. They are much better when chains are added on to them. Also look around for deals. I've seen multiple times manufacturers offer a free 19th basket when you order 18. You could keep it as a practice or sell it to offset costs.

But if the intention is to use them for a permanent outdoor course then the fully galvanized Mach 2 would be a better option IMO.

Discatcher Sport $169.00. DB-3 $225.00.

Discgolfwholesale.com

Looks like the guy who can get the money is most intreasted in the DB3, problably because it's closest to his original ballpark of 200. I was hoping he would come up to the Mach II but the DB3 looks like a nice basket.

My instep was 70 bucks shipped to my house, then I added 20 bucks of extra internal chains. I'm happy with it, the cage is a bit shallow, but with the extra chains it catches like a beast. I'm happy with the price too, under 90 bucks, you can't beat that. You could get two for under 200 modified at that price......just sayin.

I did that with 1 instep.. Going to buy 3 more for the farm house i just bought..

Latest posts