• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Circle Cutter to get?

Nowski

Eagle Member
im lookin into getting a circle cutter. saw the x-acto circle cutter. has anyone tried it? does it work well? im lookin for something that is easily adjustable to cut clean, different size circles. currently i hand cut everything and my circles are inconsistent. esp when it comes to circles bigger than a dime. thanks for the help

check ebay for circle cutters. I got mine there for $4.75 and it cuts circles as large as a foot and it came with 5 extra blades.

I got the same one and I used it recently for the first time and it worked great.

Do the blades look like the Olfa blade pictured? If so, I'll probably get one, since the one I have only goes to 15cm... the Olfa blades are easy to find and high quality, if they turn out to be compatible.

Attachments

• p3239149.jpg
    p3239149.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 7
Got mine today, here's a little "review" for anyone who's curious:

It's better constructed than I expected (made in Taiwan, not China) and is perfectly sturdy out to disc radius, at least. It's a little bit of a hassle to go from <15cm to >15cm settings, since you have to unclamp, adjust, reclamp twice, but if you already have one of the more common 15cm jobbies lying around, just use this one for the larger circles, and it's all good. As for the blades, they resemble a single piece of those snap-off type blades, and aren't available on ebay as far as I can tell, but the quality control on 'em is a little rough anyway, and the fit itsn't that precise (little cam lever holds 'em in place pretty securely) so you could probably snap a little length off a No. 4 stencil blade and jam it in place just fine... at least, that's my plan. :thmbup:

Thanks for pointing this thing out!

mh721_gallery.jpg

;) sorry, two pages and no one did it :D

Latest posts