• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Best Compliment for PD

Wreck

Par Member
Hey guys, I've been throwing PD's for a few months now and LOVE them. I have both a S and P which go well together. I am curious what you think the best complimentary disc to the PD would be (driver-wise). I just pulled the Surge SS...It basically overlaps with the P-PD and I can't seem to keep the nose down very well on it. I'm looking for something longer but about the same speed +/- 2 that's more under-stable. Let me hear it...

Personally, I would jump straight to a max D Driver from PDs. I found that I really didn't need anything between a PD and a Nuke when I was throwing them.

If you want to go a notch or two up with a little less stability though, I would say that a Sword would fit the bill nicely.

Last edited:
So you want something in between the PPD and the SPD? Or something to replace the PPD?

I would say nice shoes or nice pants

Haha nice.

I would recommend a MOLS or even a Sidewinder. Both discs are versatile in their own way. Sidewinder could be used as a roller as well as a driver, but I think the mols is a little more consistent.

i use a 168 s td for this spot. starting out they are pretty straight, but after a few good hits they lose some stability. i use my td as a roller too, so that has helped season it to where i want.

It sounds like you're looking exactly for a TD. If you want to jump speeds, I wouldn't go less than 13-14, it'll overlap too much.

I'd go with a Premium Valk before a TD.. but honestly won't the PPD beat in to that understable extremely quickly? Mine made it about a month before it was useless to me.

I threw pds as my max distance drivers for a while and was looking for a longer compliment as you are when I discovered Westside Swords. Opto swords fly like newer spds but longer on lower lines, tp swords will flip a little more and hold turns to the ground like a beat spd. Swords became my go to for drives where i'd have to power up a pd and slower fairway drivers have always been better for me than powering down a pd. Pds for me became an unnecessary tweener and are now out of the bag.

Another thing that never really gets talked about is when people talk about longer/shorter they don't mention what distances they're throwing. Personally I can chuck a PD 450' so I don't really need anything longer in my bag. I pair it with a beaten in SOLF that will fly like a longer Eagle up to around 400' and after that it will turn and burn (unless I start hyzer flipping it) so that works for me. If I need anything less stable I'll throw my beaten in Champ TL but again I can throw it over 400' and when putting that kind of power on it, it acts much more understable. So what I'm using and how I use it may not apply to you, the same goes for others.

Hmm, longer then a PD with an understableness to it? You have me at a quandary as to what disc this would be. My thought after reading your post was maybe to suggest to try out the P-pd again or to grab a sword.

However I hesitate a bit without knowing how far you throw, as the sword may not seem understable to you.

Cheers - Koffee

TD is the perfect compliment. If these are going to be your only drivers then as mentioned earlier the Sword should pair well. I use the PD and TD as control drivers and then use higher speed stuff for wide open holes.

Also the above choices seem to make sense too. I only commented on what I had experience with.

Cheers - Koffee

I would think like anything else generic compliments always work. Tell it that it appears to have lost weight, or they are looking younger than they are etc.