• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Courses in Central Indian

Hi: Brand new to the sport and DGCR forums. What are some recommendations for good courses to play in Central Indiana?

Have played Miami State Rec Area, Elwood DG course, and Hazel Landing (Carmel). Liked them all, but live closest to Elwood and have played it most, but really liked Hazel Landing too!

Any input Appreciated.

Hi: Brand new to the sport and DGCR forums. What are some recommendations for good courses to play in Central Indiana?

Have played Miami State Rec Area, Elwood DG course, and Hazel Landing (Carmel). Liked them all, but live closest to Elwood and have played it most, but really liked Hazel Landing too!

Any input Appreciated.

Elwood and Hazel are two of the finest central Indiana has to offer. Elwood is one of my favorites.

Fall Creek
George Washington
Brookside
as someone said prides creek, havn't gotten down there yet but heard its pretty awesome.

If you don't mind a little drive, Louisville and Cincinnati also have some fine courses for a nice one day road trip.

I wish Elwood was the closest course to me.

Maconaquah Park and Honey Bear are in Peru and are two good courses to check out. Highland Park in Kokomo is also a good course that doesn't get alot of love in the area but is still nice to play. Matter Park in Marion is a fun challenging course and you have options up US31 from Fort Wayne to South Bend and everywhere in between.

umm how wasnt it helpful? it shows all the nearby courses to elwood and their ratings so you can pick how close they are and to know how "good" of a course to expect.

i do not know of a better resource than that map guide.

Maconaquah Park and Honey Bear are in Peru and are two good courses to check out. Highland Park in Kokomo is also a good course that doesn't get alot of love in the area but is still nice to play. Matter Park in Marion is a fun challenging course and you have options up US31 from Fort Wayne to South Bend and everywhere in between.

2nd the vote for Maconaquah.

Honey Bear is i-ite, but kinda dated. Fun, tho'.

I really really really enjoy France Park in Logansport. Also a bit dated, but some GREAT technical wooded holes.

Camp Collum in Frankfort is really good as well. :)

umm how wasnt it helpful? it shows all the nearby courses to elwood and their ratings so you can pick how close they are and to know how "good" of a course to expect.

I thought it was not helpful because you simply posted the link and typed "figure it out" Your response seemed like you were trying to be clever and not necessarily helpful, unlike the way others.

Not a big deal, but you asked, so I thought I'd tell you. I'm new to the sport, and brand new to this site (which is awesome), and looking to learn. You obviously, have been at this a while and are and "ace". I'm not. I took your response as being kind of a jerk. It that's not what you intended, so be it. I got no hard feelings!

the best courses in central Indiana..hmmm.
I'd say Elwood, Hazel Landing, Camp Cullom, Mohawk, & Brookside/Washington Park.
Murdock in Lafayette is good too as well as Deming. The Washout course in Lafayette is a temp set up during the GLO. it will be awesome if it gets approved.

Sometimes the numbers do not tell the entire story. Especially when a good course gets its rating dinged because a few crybabies with no game use the review console for revenge, or one gets an inflated score because its so "friendly".

So its always good to ask opinions, because sometimes certain folks don't agree with the consensus on here.

Sometimes the numbers do not tell the entire story. Especially when a good course gets its rating dinged because a few crybabies with no game use the review console for revenge, or one gets an inflated score because its so "friendly".

So its always good to ask opinions, because sometimes certain folks don't agree with the consensus on here.

this is true. nothing like the homers inflating their home course.

i forgot about that, sorry OP

bRvUSzX.jpg

Fall Creek is i-ite, but there's some jaaanky design on the front nine, imo.

Hazel gold is no joke.

Another suuuper fun course (not a world beater by any stretch of the imagination) is Wabash. More of a summer course though, kinda pointless without the greenery.

^ Fall creeks front nine has a few holes that i would agree with on that. 2, 3, 4, and 8.

Played Wabash a few weeks ago on way home from a doubles tourney. Thought it was a really fun course.