• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best courses in DFDub

cc0049

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Here's how the top 20 courses in DFW rank according to rating on DGCR:
  1. Harry Myers in Rockwall
  2. Lester Lorch Coyote in Cedar Hill
  3. Lester Lorch Beaver in Cedar Hill
  4. Towne Lake in McKinney
  5. Turner in Grand Prairie
  6. Lake Lewisville in Lewisville
  7. Veterans in Arlington
  8. Z-Boaz in Fort Worth
  9. Crossroads of Life DGC in Duncanville
  10. Bicentennial in Crowley
  11. Bear Creek in Grapevine
  12. Weatherford DGC in Weatherford
  13. Bill Allen in The Colony
  14. Paschall in Mesquite
  15. Arcadia in Fort Worth
  16. Alex Clark in McKinney
  17. Fritz in Irving
  18. Saddle Hills in White Settlement
  19. Beaumont Ranch in Grandview, TX
  20. BB Owen in Dallas
Which of these courses have you played/not played? How would you change the ranking of these courses?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had a chance yet to play the new Duncanville course or the Beaumont course. Played all the other 18. I agree with the order of this list overall. I was surprised to see Lake Lewsiville so high and Alex Clark so low. I'd move Lake Lewisville to just below Bicentennial and I'd move Alex Clark up just ahead of Bear Creek.

Oops...option 19 should be Beaumont Ranch in Grandview, TX. PM'd Timg to see if he'll correct that for me.

Last edited:
I'm with you, Lewisville Lake is a little high and I'd put Alex Clark at the top of the non-elite courses. I havn't played the Duncanville or Beaumont.

I think these courses should be in the top 10 of DFW for this site but in what order is tricky.

Harry Myers in Rockwall
Lester Lorch Coyote in Cedar Hill
Lester Lorch Beaver in Cedar Hill
Towne Lake in McKinney
Turner in Grand Prairie
Veterans in Arlington
Z-Boaz in Fort Worth
Bicentennial in Crowley
Lake Lewisville in Lewisville
Bill Allen in The Colony

Bear creek is too high to me. Good course but there are some under it that are better

I'm surprised that Gateway is not on the list. IMO, there is no place more physically and mentally demanding in DFW. It is long, technical, rough, and insect infested. It has a low fun factor for me.

I'm surprised that Gateway is not on the list.

It has a low fun factor for me.

i think you answered your own question there!

i agree about bear creek being too high but for me i'd put bill allen higher and veterans lower. i might be alone on this but i was disappointed with veterans after playing there. maybe it was just overhyped by my buddies.

I don't live in the area but I am out there fairly often. I don't like that list at all. I haven't played Myers, Towne lake, Turner and some of the lower rated ones. I am not that high on the Lester Lorch courses and Veterans either. I am a big fan of Bicentennial, Bear Creek and Z-Boaz. Also Gateway is way better than some of these. Weatherford in my opinion is not good at all. It would be toward the bottom of the 62 I have played.

you haven't played the best 3 in town!
harry myers is epic, towne lake has great holes and variety and turner has the best elevation in north texas with a lot of great golf shots and huge distance.

i've only played the front course at cedar hill once. it was great but i think a lot of the praise from these courses is due to the fact that there are 2 courses on site, not solely the quality of the holes.

you haven't played the best 3 in town!
harry myers is epic, towne lake has great holes and variety and turner has the best elevation in north texas with a lot of great golf shots and huge distance.

i've only played the front course at cedar hill once. it was great but i think a lot of the praise from these courses is due to the fact that there are 2 courses on site, not solely the quality of the holes.
I agree about cedar hill. It's nice to have 36 there but I just don't love the courses. they are good but not great.

I agree about cedar hill. It's nice to have 36 there but I just don't love the courses. they are good but not great.

I think the reason that Cedar Hill gets a lot of praise around here has a lot to do with the fact that it is 36 holes of disc golf with no other distractions around. The area is solely designated for disc golf. That makes it a real treat to play there in my opinion. Also, the courses are more difficult than most and require a high level of skill to score well (or luck, depending on how you look at it). Cedar Hill are my top two courses in DFW. I put them above Harry Myers, but I'm okay with Harry Myers being on top in this list.

On another note, I think that North Park in Haltom City could be on this list with a full set of concrete tee boxes and signs. A lot of the ratings people have posted for this course are down because of those two factors. The course had a 2 year setback with those pipeline companies taking over.
I'm actually really surprised that Saddle Hills and Arcadia made the top 20 and North Park didn't.

Ya since Arcadia sucks

The thing I like about Arcadia, though, is that the luck factor is very low. If you don't play the hole well, it's not because you caught a bad break, it's because you made a bad shot. The better player usually wins at Arcadia. The same can't always be said of other courses.

I can see that but there are still way many more courses I would rather go to then that place

I doubt Northpark will ever be the same. I drove by there and my favorite part, near 183, is trashed.

I know. It is so open now, it feels strange. Ten's tee box is very close to where they are putting in an access road, so I'm betting that those holes will have to be changed up at some point.