• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best courses in Nashville, TN

Heading down to Nashville over Spring Break to camp a few days and was hoping to combine the trip with some DG. Anyone have any campground recommendations that are near a good DG course or two?

Thanks in advance.

I would say where you camp depends on your course preference and when you will be available.

Seven Oaks and Cedar Hill are by far the best in Nashville. However, Seven Oaks is probably the most crowded course I've ever seen (played around 50 at this point). If you are going between 9-4 on a weekday, you are probably fine. Every saturday they play a "clint" round at Seven Oaks which means each person gets 1 rethrow on every hole. The round starts at 10 and the course pretty much closes down if you aren't participating.

There is also Crockett park which is a little bit south of Nashville and is a longer course with rolling hills. Then southeast of Nashville you have Sharp Springs and Barfield.

I'd say if you could find a campground somewhere near the airport area you could probably play 3 different courses without having to drive more than 20 minutes (Seven oaks, shelby, Cedar Hill)

I think there's a campground on Old Hickory Lake really close to Saunders Ferry Park in Hendersonville. I think I remember seeing it on 31E just past Saunders Ferry Rd, but I could be wrong. From there, Cedar Hill is 10 minutes, and Triple Creek is maybe 15 minutes away.

There's a small campsite at Seven Oaks Park. It's kind of tucked in close to holes 8,9,16 and the inner course, and there's only room for maybe 2 tents, but there's a picnic bench and a fire pit. I don't know how you go about reserving it, tho.

The last option would be Sharp Springs Park in Smyrna. It's a big park with several shelters. I'd be surprised if you weren't able to reserve a place to camp somewhere in there. Again, not sure how to go about it.

Your best option in town is the Nashville KOA. It's right next to the Opry and 10-15 minutes from Cedar Hill, Seven Oaks and Shelby (Naval Hill), and only 5 minutes from Two Rivers.

agree with above, Cedar Hill
o.png