• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

best DG ap for score keeping?

The DGCR app is really solid, and it uploads scores directly to the scorebook here.

If DGCR had an iOS app i'd say that, but until then uDisc. Ultimately i'm entering it into DGCR as I like the platform for tracking my progress. Used to use PDGA app but they did an app update and it wiped all my old scores...so since the developers don't know what they're doing I won't ever use that for a scoring app again. Also PDGA's round ratings are wildly off, whereas I can somewhat believe DGCR's ratings are within 10-20 points on the high side.

Ive been using "easy scorecard" for a couple years, i dont care for all the bells and whistles of udisc. Def going to try the DGCR app soon

another Udisc vote here (from another IOS user). it has seemed pretty stable over the couple years I have used it, good updates, and I tend to not utilize any of the "bells and whistles" that Pbmercil mentions above. I do measure throw distance every now and then when I really smash one, but I really only keep score with the app and it does that really well.

DGCR. If there is going to be a new course, the info will be here first and its actively being improved for better user experience in the same way this site does.

Why someone would have an IPhone is beyond me... :D

I'll be showing some love to the iphone people soon enough :) I'm excited to get that out so I can start adding some of the cool ideas I have for new features to both apps.

I'm loving the DGCR app to keep score: no more score cards and I've logged way more rounds in my scorebook since getting the app. Having a larger data set makes using the scorebooks advanced stats more meaningful as well.

I'm loving the DGCR app to keep score: no more score cards and I've logged way more rounds in my scorebook since getting the app. Having a larger data set makes using the scorebooks advanced stats more meaningful as well.

Definitely this.

Although I did use a prior app that I could upload, it didn't have the putts & penalties metrics which I can now track and am noticing some trends. Great since I am a stats addict.

I'll be showing some love to the iphone people soon enough :) I'm excited to get that out so I can start adding some of the cool ideas I have for new features to both apps.

We iPhone users really do feel unloved by you, Tim. :(

Without the availability of anything from DGCR, I've been using Discasaurus for several years, and have been quite happy with it. It's very simple, without any bells or whistles, but it's also VERY easy to use. That's great for my purposes. I don't know if it is available for Android, but I definitely recommend it as a free option for iPhone users. :)

+1 for Discasaurus - been using it for a while. Super easy

But I would switch to a DGCR app if available :popcorn: :)

+1 for Discasaurus - been using it for a while. Super easy

But I would switch to a DGCR app if available :popcorn: :)

Me too. If there is an in-app purchase option for a premium dgcr membership, that would be hard to turn down as well. ;)

I used uDisc and liked it but I had problems when I would play at rural courses with a bad connection.

I switched to the DGCR app and haven't looked back, i do't have problems at rural courses any mroe either. I would say use a free app until the DGCR app comes out.

I used uDisc+ for a while and it became unusable after I logged 100+ rounds. The homescreen was tied to stat updates and it was a dog on modern hardware (at the time GS5). Also, I really dislike the license check uDisc+ does. On rural course with bad networks the app could not be used, the developer has said many times that he doesn't think this is a serious enough limitation to create a workaround. It was yet another attempt to punish people who've actually paid you money in the name of anti-piracy.

I'm happy with the DGCR app. I wish weather was automatically pulled (if available) instead of manually entering it. It tracks golf stats well. It's obviously integrated well with DGCR's course content. I've seen reported bugs patched quickly, which is very nice. The scorebook on DGCR can bulk import uDisc content as well, which made the move to the DGCR app much less painful.

Easy Score Card felt weird and didn't flow very well for me. I'd call its UI clunky and frankly I think it tries to track too much.

uDsic+ Is mostly very fine.
Looking forward to the DGCR iPhone app.
But mostly I use one of Bamm's sweet plastic reusable scorecards. Then erase and forget.

The best free iOS app is Discasaurus.

Udisc is good but the cloud update irritated me a little and I had to delete it and lost all my data and players when I reloaded.

I like udisc for the ability to set new courses in the data base and scoring OB and other small things like that.

Latest posts