• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best DG course in Cleveland,OH and why

Grizzolabarz

Hello all,

I just wanted to see what are some of the best courses in the Cleveland area and why. Anywhere that is under 70 miles from Cleveland.

There are some great courses in Ontario. You didn't say anything about the 70 miles being water.

Roscoe Ewing in Medina, 1st course in Ohio.
Lake Shore Park in Ashtabula.

Only 2 near to Cleveland I've played, but both are good. Lake Shore has views of Lake Erie, Roscoe birthed at least 3 world champs.

Lake Shore is good, Parma at Veterans Memorial Park is solid, Euclid is okay, can be very windy. Findley State Park in Wellington has been revamped and is fantastic.

If you are going to be staying on the south side of Clev, it's maybe 75 miles to Lexington and Ontario. Both solid. A little further to Galion which is great (24 holes). Norwalk is okay, they keep messing with layouts though.(24 holes give or take).

Portage Lakes ,The Grassman, Kent State main campus, The Hanger are all worth playing.

And for sure Roscoe Ewing and the adjacent Sam Masi in Medina.

Scotty from Scotty's Pizza used to run dubs in Enon on a weeknight. Cant remember which course (one on the lake) or night but it was always a good time and everyone was welcome back to his pizza place for dinner after

Last edited:
Depends what your preferences are.

Lakeshore, Roscoe Ewing, Parma and Sims (in Euclid): all are very different from each other.

My personal preference has them ranked:
1. Lakeshore- loved the very hilly terrain, mostly open terrain with some very well placed trees, gorgeous views of Lake Eerie and triple tees.
2. Roscoe - very cool setting, woodsy, some elevation, great little creek.
3. Parma- quite woodsy and quite hilly
4. Sims - mostly flat and open, park style course, with a few well wooded holes... but nothing really moved me. While it's not bad, I think it's overrated.

Just so happens I plan to hit Sam Masi on my way to Pittsburgh, so I can't comment on it... yet.

Sims sounds like the course I'm thinking of. Flat and on the lake with hole one or two throwing over a small dip. Its been probably 7-8 years since I was there. I remember it being the only course near Solon

Punderson State Park is probably the best course in Ohio, not just around Cleveland, but you have to find and play the original layout, helps to have a guide.

Lincoln Park (Oak Ledges) in Massillon OH, near Canton, is the best course besides Findley that I have played here in Easternish Ohio. To me there are a lot of courses here that have a lot of potential but just arent there yet.

Depends what your preferences are.

Lakeshore, Roscoe Ewing, Parma and Sims (in Euclid): all are very different from each other.

My personal preference has them ranked:
1. Lakeshore- loved the very hilly terrain, mostly open terrain with some very well placed trees, gorgeous views of Lake Eerie and triple tees.
2. Roscoe - very cool setting, woodsy, some elevation, great little creek.
3. Parma- quite woodsy and quite hilly
4. Sims - mostly flat and open, park style course, with a few well wooded holes... but nothing really moved me. While it's not bad, I think it's overrated.

Just so happens I plan to hit Sam Masi on my way to Pittsburgh, so I can't comment on it... yet.

I cut the grass/trees at masi, I can be your caddy when you come through ;)

Despite only being 11 holes, Sam Masi is a really fun, quality course. :thmbup:.

OMG is that place crawling with deer! Saw at least 10 deer at Masi and 3 more at Roscoe. What a nice little pocket of disc golf.

My son lost a Glo KC Pro Roc with a Gale Vaughn tourney stamp, in a relatively deep, muddy part of the creek, preety close to the basket on Roscoe #1. Looked for quite a while, but with the fading daylight, there was zero visibility a few feet out from the bank. :(

Hopefully a local finds it and reaches out to me. :)

Someone found it and gave me a heads up.
Sending them a SASE tomorrow.
:)

My son and I played at Wingfoot (?) Park outside of Akron. Story is, it was built (the park, not the DG course) many moons ago for the recreation of Goodyear employees. I can't compare it to any of the others in Ohio, but we sure liked it. Very clean, mature park with big old trees, and interesting shots we don't see a lot down here.