• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc catcher

Either the DGA Mach Lite ($150) or the Innova Discatcher ($180) sport. DGA is much more portable but the Innova basket it more sturdy and catches slightly better.

prices from marshallstreetdiscgolf.com

Like he said, a disc catcher sport with added inner chains is very close to a standard basket. The mach lite is the best portable basket hands down

So far my Discatcher sport is working great. I only made a few mods...

I added 6 drop yellow plastic chains...(to keep the weight down)
Discatcher4.jpg

I replaced the stock screws with plastic knobs so I could take it apart without a screwdriver.
disccather5.jpg

If you're going portable, I would go with a DGA Mach Lite hands down. It's a great basket despite being a collapsible portable. I bought a Ching Chainmaster for my "portable" (28 chains in two rows), and it's the best catching basket I've used. It is pretty heavy, takes up a ton of room in the trunk, and is quite a pain to carry anywhere though. If I had it to do over again, I'd go with a collapsible basket and just be careful opening and closing it since it's not entirely metal.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Chainmaster for a backyard basket though. The rolled chastity belt is much nicer than Innova's, and it really does catch amazingly well, especially for the money.

I ordered the Disc Nation Freedom. I know you said 200 but total with shipping was around $215 with there facebook coupon. I'm very happy with this basket, it's very tough and nice looking. It only has 16 chains but catches great.

I did have a DGA Mach Lite, great basket but wanted something I could leave outside all year.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Latest posts