• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best disc golf city in the country?

bjfergus21

I've been across the country in many major cities playing courses during vacations and such. My question for all you disc golfers is what is the best city in the U.S? I lived in Chicago for years and there are a lot of courses there, I currently live in Charlotte and the Queen City certainly has a great disc golf scene. Let me know what you think, and let's spark up some debate!

Houston Texas. We don't have any of those stupid hills to climb.

Charlotte seems to have the highest density of good to great courses of anywhere I've been. There also seems to be a ton of tournament and league activity, not to mention the sweet private course scene.

My answer will be biased because I have played all of my disc golf in the south....but in the south, Charlotte has the best/largest/highest quality dg that I have seen. Augusta, Mobile, Huntsville, and Clearwater also have good disc golf scenes. Here in Atlanta the scene has grown quite a bit in the past decade but I feel that it should/could be much larger. And yes I've played that little course in Whitesburg too... :)

Minneapolis & St. Paul have a great disc scene. I'm from MN and always have a new course to play...or at least get a course in that wasn't threre when I lived there. Living in the South I've had the chance to play in Charlotte, Atlanta and Augusta area. They all have their own great courses.

However I would still live in a smaller community with a 4-5 above average courses before living in a major metro area.

The booming metropolis of Highbridge WI

cant leave out bowling green, 8 courses in the city alone with holler right outside, definately a must see if you havent made it here yet.

Both of those are in my top 5, Highbridge doesn't have the tournament/league scene nor does it have any kind of civilization around it. Bowling Green is great for playing a bunch of courses within a tight area, but the quality just isn't quite as high as the Highbridge or Charlotte courses. I'd throw in the Quad Cities area (Illinois/Iowa border) as another area with several high quality courses in a small area.

cant leave out bowling green, 8 courses in the city alone with holler right outside, definately a must see if you havent made it here yet.

^This. Many may say Charlotte and they have a good argument, but BG has so many courses of different styles in a small area. This is what would make me say BG.

Latest posts