• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best color for the woods?

Rickcin

Bogey Member
Live in an area with 4 seasons and the local courses are combinations of wooded sections, grass and fields.

Lost discs seem very frequent here and wondering what color, if any, would be best?

Seems the earth colors, browns,yellows, greens would not be a good choice with the vegetation and leaves.
I realize I tend to overthink things and I've posted my questions here and have always gotten great responses with virtually no sarcasm or arrogant responses which is common on many other sites, so I'm glad to have found this site and the very many members who are extremely helpful ❗

My favorite colors in for playing in the woods are light blue and hot pink. I'd tell you to avoid deep, dark colors like black, navy, maroon, deep purple.

While I'm personally not a fan of yellow in general, it can actually be pretty easy to spot on shadowy wooded courses, that don't have a lot of foliage on the ground. But if there's a lot of vegetation at ground level, yellow is the toughest color for me to spot in vegetation.

That said, people's perception of color can differ. Think bright and high contrast compared to the courses and conditions you frequent.

My favorite colors in for playing in the woods are light blue and hot pink. I'd tell you to avoid deep, dark colors like black, navy, maroon, deep purple.

While I'm personally not a fan of yellow in general, it can actually be pretty easy to spot on shadowy wooded courses, that don't have a lot of foliage on the ground. But if there's a lot of vegetation at ground level, yellow is the toughest color for me to spot in vegetation.

That said, people's perception of color can differ. Think bright and high contrast compared to the courses and conditions you frequent.
Man, I love deep purple and blues but guess with a variety of discs, we could choose based on the season/time of year!

Pink is my first choice
White is also easy to find unless there is snow on the ground
Orange works well except for fall
Yellow is good except for fall and dappled sunshine

I have the hardest time finding dark colors like red, purple, green, and blue

Some folks like light blue, but for me it blends into the shadows

Yes, ironically white does show up very well in the woods as I have one that came along with my Dynamic disc starter set.
Im going to order another MVP disc, Crave and it's available in pink!

Hot pink all day for all conditions and seasons. White can be problematic once it gets some scars and marks on it, on a sunny day those kinds of discs can blend right into the shule like camo. I know the longest running disc in my bag is an old CE Leo and it's pink/red, no chance it would have lasted this long in any other color.

Pinks, White, Bright blues, and Retina-Burner® Yellow/Green

Ha! Have a bright neon yellowish green Innfuse Eagle that always screams for visual attention no matter the surroundings. I have bright pink discs, which are great, but this disc is on another level of visibility.

I had concerns when looking at the disc on the shelf, but the shop owner assured me I would have no issues with that disc.

light blue and hot orange. even in the fall bright orange jumps out pretty well where I live. browns and yellows are trouble

Summer - bright orange or just orange in general.

Fall/winter - blue or hot pink

Lol! I usually just call it fluorescent or DayGlo,
but have to admit I love "Retina-Burner®."

Retina burner shades of pretty much any hue pop in a wide variety of conditions.
Older MVP glow discs were really high power Retina-Burners®. That's actually where I coined the term.

Fall: No oranges, yellows
Summer: No dark blue/green
Spring: Pretty much any color
Winter: No matte browns/yellows/reds if you have leaves laying all over the place

DayGlo anything based around Pink, chartreuse, teal, white, light blue, hunting orange, yellow, green pop pretty well. Red works too, but, the brighter the better. i.e. dayglo.

Latest posts