• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best disc golf college

CSUMB: Oaks, Cypress are ON CAMPUS! Ryan Ranch just a few minutes away. Year round excellent weather. Done.

If the question is on-campus courses, I have to at least give a nod to Mars Hill College in western NC. That is one nutty campus course.

If we're talking college quality, Carleton is ranked 8th by US News, has an average course on campus but is a half hour from the courses ringing the SE side of the Twin Cities.

Wow Chuck. Nice new banner.

2nd the mention for St. Cloud State. A lot of great courses in that area. Too bad it will be cold and snowy for most of the year.

To those talking about Colorado St; the courses in and around Fort Collins are not good. Edora is heavily overrated and the courses in the mountains are an hour + away. They do have a great team and shop though. I have a Colorado State DG Team Crystal Buzzz which I am quite proud of :)

I'm sorry.....what did the Aggies win in football again? SEC....nope.....National Title.....nope......flash in the pan Heisman....Definitely.......

When was Texas' last National Title in Football?.....oh yeah 2005.....when was A&M's...........1939......just sayin'....I know how you Aggies like to make up things you have "won"...a la the 1910 National Title.

But you are right about Austin being the place to attend college with the most disc golf upside.

Eeeeassssy killer, just enjoying the first decent season we've had in a long time haha. If only we had done something cool like get our own tv channel and have nobody watch it....and then have it difficult to obtain in the town the school our in...wait a minute....we just did something stupid like beat Bama at home and crush OU in the Cotton Bowl...we are so backward down here

Back to courses, if you wanted to play Shawshank over and over and over you could go to Sam Houston State University :)

Eeeeassssy killer, just enjoying the first decent season we've had in a long time haha. If only we had done something cool like get our own tv channel and have nobody watch it....and then have it difficult to obtain in the town the school our in...wait a minute....we just did something stupid like beat Bama at home and crush OU in the Cotton Bowl...we are so backward down here

Back to courses, if you wanted to play Shawshank over and over and over you could go to Sam Houston State University :)

That channel does suck... I got nothing for that. And the Aggies had a great season. I can say it.....it doesn't hurt too bad. If only an Aggie Democrat hadn't proposed a house bill that would force UT and the Aggies to play every year. Seems silly.

Wasn't being too serious, I just enjoy the 'ol Longhorn:Aggie rivalry and enjoyed poking the bear from time to time.

That channel does suck... I got nothing for that. And the Aggies had a great season. I can say it.....it doesn't hurt too bad. If only an Aggie Democrat hadn't proposed a house bill that would force UT and the Aggies to play every year. Seems silly.

Wasn't being too serious, I just enjoy the 'ol Longhorn:Aggie rivalry and enjoyed poking the bear from time to time.

Hahaha ya man I knew it was all in good fun. There will be a whole generation in the next few years who won't even know about the rivalry. I guess the bear poking and blind school pride will die with guys like us. We had a good run (albiet an entirely lop-sided run in favor of UT haha)

The Houck course is at least 40 mins from NC St. Maybe more with a Carolina Brewery stop. All the courses close by are mediocre. We have some decent local courses, but nothing great. And UNC's campus course is much better than NC State's. :eek: :p:popcorn:

Wolfpack in the house! Grudginly I have to agree with you, I freaking love playing UNC. Our course was a poke n hope as it was now its just a joke, period lol.. I really wish NCSU would let some of the guys on the team work with the redesign but they refuse and show NO cooperation:wall:

Wolfpack in the house! Grudginly I have to agree with you, I freaking love playing UNC. Our course was a poke n hope as it was now its just a joke, period lol.. I really wish NCSU would let some of the guys on the team work with the redesign but they refuse and show NO cooperation:wall:

Anybody else besides me think its ironic that the NCSU dg team practices mainly at UNC haha :gross:

If the question is on-campus courses, I have to at least give a nod to Mars Hill College in western NC. That is one nutty campus course.

Good idea man! yea I would like to start/see a thread or a post giving the top courses in the country on campus.. UNC has got to rank up there as would Mars Hill in my opinion, greens at MH may deter it from beating UNC some would say :\

GO PACK!!! TOP 10 IN SOMETHING!!! We beat Carolina and we drop a spot....

I'm surprised UNC-Charlotte isn't on the list/rankings. It is in Charlotte of all places and I thought I heard Cam Todd say on DGTR that he is kinda volunteer coaching the team there.

Dude we came in 4th last year in Nationals and like 6th at the big tourney in the fall yet we continue to DROP in overall rankings.. we should easily be top 4 thanks to some really solid play from our A players

Miss State has a good team and good courses nearby.

Doesn't Liberty University have a good team? I know they have a course on campus.

They had an ok team, a lot of newer players to tournament/team disc golf. There was a regional qualifier held on their course last year.

They had an ok team, a lot of newer players to tournament/team disc golf. There was a regional qualifier held on their course last year.
Liberty's course is being redesigned, I think. From what I heard, the new medical school they're building has interrupted the course. They're still on the schedule to hold a qualifier in March, though (last I saw).

My sister went to school in portland and picked up disc golf before I did just for fun. She played hornig's hideout every weekend without any knowledge of how prolific of a course it was.. Haha.

Im putting my vote in for Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo MI. the reason for this is there are four courses with in the area, and WMU was also the school the Dave Feldberg went to when he picked up the game

Last edited:

Latest posts