• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best disc golf podcast and why

Favorite disc golf podcast

• SmashBoxx

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Disc Golf Answer Man

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Zen Disc Golf

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other (please name)

Votes: 14 20.0%

• Total voters
The Disc Golf Show is one I really like. Also could add r/discgolf podcast though they have only had one.

I am interested to see what people say. Just yesterday I was looking through various disc golf podcasts to see which one I should try. I downloaded a couple of Smashboxx episodes, but I haven't had a chance to listen yet.

Smashboxx no doubt. Gives you good insider information, usually not afraid to speak their mind.

I've really been digging Final Round Radio and I'm not from NC. I like their chill approach to DG conversation. DGAM is cool always like to hear what EMac and CDSB have to say but they get to many similar questions it seems. I do like how Bobby has spiced it up with some different segments lately. Smashboxx is always exciting to watch live. It's pretty cool that we have a live show for DG. Smashboxx is essentially DG sports center considering the focus of the show is more on the side of happenings in and around the Pro circuit. The interaction with the chat board is really cool giving Joe Schmoe discers the chance to ask Paul McBeth and the like questions from their living room. All the guys that have started up fresh podcasts have done a good job in finding their own niche.

I want to like SmashBoxxTV, but how do y'all make it through a 2 to 3-hour podcast?! I can't do it. I voted for Disc Golf Answer Man because I like the content and they stay on topic, but even their 1-hour episodes are a stretch. Every DG podcast I've tried just has a lot of chatter and could easily be cut in half. I would love a 15-20 minute daily podcast from DGAM or the Disc Golf Guy.

Final Round Radio ...thanks for posting that one! I hadn't heard of it, but I'm from Charlotte and still live in NC. Downloading now.

I didn't mean for my earlier comment to sound so harsh. I really like the DG podcasts I've tried. But I'm a long-time podcast guy -- longer than I've been playing DG -- and I'm conditioned to prefer shorter, crisper podcasts that I can churn through on my commute.

I like smashboxx because of how long it is. Nothing feels rushed, plus I have more than 2 hours of commuting per day so I have plenty of time to listen.

I want to like SmashBoxxTV, but how do y'all make it through a 2 to 3-hour podcast?! I can't do it. I voted for Disc Golf Answer Man because I like the content and they stay on topic, but even their 1-hour episodes are a stretch. Every DG podcast I've tried just has a lot of chatter and could easily be cut in half. I would love a 15-20 minute daily podcast from DGAM or the Disc Golf Guy.

I much prefer to watch/listen to smashboxx live. I tune in and out during the live show and enjoy all of it. Someone who watch/listens after the fact would probably find the long run time to be a pain, so I get that. I feel the same way about their live streams of tournaments.

Fast forward.

Much less of a sales pitch bs vs dg answer man. They dont even post via YT anymore...:thmbdown:

I'll listen to DG answer man even though I don't throw or know anything about trilogy plastic. Smashbox if features someone I want to hear from, interviews are generally pretty candid but you have to sift through long assed 2-3hours of content.

Last Round is great because its live in front of an audience and stay real but is also hampered because its live in front of an audience (sometimes the interviewee gets totally REAL - Like when Philo was lamenting about his sponsorships with innova/(formerly grip bags and move to Upper Park Design) compared to other companies. And other times you can hear the last round guys/interviewees trying to ham it up to the crowd.

Fast forward.

Much less of a sales pitch bs vs dg answer man. They dont even post via YT anymore...:thmbdown:

Yea to me DG Answer Man is more of a beginner disc golfer podcast. I think I got thru 2 episodes before I relized it just wasnt relevant to me.

Yea to me DG Answer Man is more of a beginner disc golfer podcast. I think I got thru 2 episodes before I relized it just wasnt relevant to me.

Wait you didnt like to hear bobby talk about how the disc flew for him?! I see the point and its very simple content for sure. It just feels so overbranded. You can sell things well without throwing them in peoples faces and using blanket statements re:performance.

Another vote for Final Round Radio. I am from NC but those guys are a lot of fun to listen to. they got KC on tonight or tomorrow and Steve Rico this Friday!

I've been hoping to see a thread on this, mostly because I wanted a chance to compliment Terry(because I've criticized him recently on his live commentary) anyway I wanted to compliment them on their blog(Smashboxx)....I subscribe, listen in regularly and always enjoy it(them) immensely. Terry's attributes(whatever they are) add to his blogs and they work-dare I say: famously?(I dare) Tons of insight both good and bad- into the "inner circle" of professional DG.

This is probably a stupid question; but where can I find some of these other podcasts yall are mentioning? I'm only familiar with smashboxx via youtube

Not a dumb question at all.

I use an app called iCatcher. It's a great app and I highly recommend it if you're really in to podcasts. You can also use iTunes or the podcast app from Apple.

It's not always easy to find the casts mentioned on here on iCatcher or iTunes if the podcast producer doesn't put "disc golf" in the name or keywords. I didn't know about the Final Round podcast and I still do not see r/discgolf anywhere.

I much prefer to watch/listen to smashboxx live. I tune in and out during the live show and enjoy all of it. Someone who watch/listens after the fact would probably find the long run time to be a pain, so I get that. I feel the same way about their live streams of tournaments.

Maybe a video version of the SmashBoxx podcast would interest me more. I'd love to watch the tournament coverage after the fact on a podcast.

This is probably a stupid question; but where can I find some of these other podcasts yall are mentioning? I'm only familiar with smashboxx via youtube

I'm on Android and the Pocket Casts app works really well for me. I hear Stitcher is supposed to be very good as well. As mentioned above, if you have an iPhone they have their own dedicated apps.

Download whatever app you decide on then search for the name of the podcast using the app's search tool, subscribe to the podcast, then download at will. Additionally, most of these podcasts are posted on the website associated with podcast and can be streamed or downloaded straight from their website.

Last edited:

Latest posts