• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best disc golf podcast and why

Favorite disc golf podcast

• SmashBoxx

Votes: 40 57.1%
  • Disc Golf Answer Man

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Zen Disc Golf

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other (please name)

Votes: 14 20.0%

• Total voters
I like watching DG MONTHLY with Cubby

The disc golf guy is too busy with the 2 for 1 chilli dogs across the street

I don't know how to take this? Is this a rip on Terry's size? I can't tell if you are serious or not.

Thanks man!

I definitely agree on the audio mixing. I'll do some premixing before I send it out next time. As for cell phones, agree there too. With Paul is was that or nothing though, so we went with that option. He had no data coverage.

I thought 4 was good. Me to be ramble, anthony to produce, alex for awesome one liners, and Eric for form stuff, and random quips.

I'll for sure work on getting it to an easier downloadable place. You can download it on the desktop version of soundcloud right now though.

Phones for guests is totally fine and pretty standard for podcasts, especially a great guest. I meant having the "panel" on the phone or similar audio quality, avoid when possible and I know for a podcast with no budget it's not always possible.

That being said, I'd strongly disagree that 4 panelists works, especially with different audio levels, and especially with non professional broadcasters. It leads to too much stepping on each other, garbled audio, etc. Again - this is feedback comparing to highly produced, "professional" podcasts - something to strive for when possible, but I understand your limitations. BUT - good audio quality does correlate to repeat listeners. Obviously you have to have the content, but if it's hard to listen to you lose people.

I look forward to the next one, especially if you put it on my phone! Thanks!

Not gonna lie, after listening to the last Final Round Radio podcast with Climo, hands down they are my favorite to listen to. The Climo episode might be the best single DG podcast episode I've ever listened to.

Not gonna lie, after listening to the last Final Round Radio podcast with Climo, hands down they are my favorite to listen to. The Climo episode might be the best single DG podcast episode I've ever listened to.

This thread got me into final round radio. The Climo episode was phenomenal. Some of the others (philo... ugh) made me want to scream into my phone like they could hear me back when they recorded it.

Totally agree with the Final Round Radio comments. I listened to the Climo episode yesterday. It was fantastic. Great stories, perfect pace for the interview. Awesome. So glad this podcast was suggested.

Smashboxx for me. Professional(usually), live video, great guests, interesting personalities, after show... Always a good watch.

The others are good too, but don't seem to put in the same effort as Smashboxx.

Final Round Radio. They talk on all current events and tournament breakdowns and they have had all kinds of pros on. Check out there latest one with The Champ it's a really great show!

This thread got me into final round radio. The Climo episode was phenomenal. Some of the others (philo... ugh) made me want to scream into my phone like they could hear me back when they recorded it.
Honestly curious, what specifically was your beef with the Philo episode? Personally, I thought Philo was incredibly candid, revealing and interesting.

Finally got around to listening to a few Final Round Podcasts - Climo, Philo, Rico. Great podcast. Subscriber now. Definitely see what all the buzz is about. My only criticism is that there are too many hosts (three, at least, I think) and that the hosts sometimes didn't let the subjects answer or expand on their answers. The hosts (not sure about the names) sometimes jumped in and stepped all over the subject while they were speaking. Gotta let the guest speak w/o jumping in too soon. They also stepped all over each other at times. More than one person talking at a time is a talk radio cardinal sin. Audience has to be able to clearly hear what is being said on the show, especially by the guest.

But that's just a small thing. The show is awesome. Congrats.

Final Round Radio is my favorite by far. I really like Smashboxx, but FRR is #1 for me. I've gone back and listened to all 24 episodes since discovering them. I usually work by myself so all the past episodes have been a great companion. I've listened to the Philo episode 2x now. I love the local feel of the show. They have 4 craft beers on tap in the studio!!!!! How can you beat that. I really liked the episode with Triple C brewing owner. I had to go on the website to find the older episodes but the Simon Lizotte show was another highlight. They've had MJ on 2x now and even Greg Barsby. Damn the Barsby episode was raw and real. So damn funny!! The last episode with the G town ladies has probably been one of the weakest so far, still good, just sayin. The format of the show is really coming along and I look forward to more episodes!!! Who the f*** is Andy Wiler

Latest posts