• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf Shoes?

These are the R2's so I'm not sure how much they changed from the R's, but it doesn't seem to be made for a wide foot at all. It's firmer/beefier than the AX2's, similar to some Salomons I have. As far as the Quick lace feature, I'll just use regular laces if I don't like it.

Like you said, the quality is there, they seem bullet proof.

This is my impression as well, the Terrex R2 GTX shoes seem very narrow to me. Takes me a good month or two to break them in before they finally relax a bit and fit more comfortably. Been through a few pairs myself and keep coming back as they work well for me. Like how lightweight they are, the soles hold up very well and the lacing system is fine for me. They do eventually start to crack/tear between the sole and shoe eventually after enough use.

They are narrow. I use both regular and the Goretex versions and love how comfortable and grippy they are. I replaced the lace system with shoe laces and I can get a better fit up and down the shoe now. Highly recommend that.

I have used the AX2 for the past couple months and I love them. They're super light, great traction, great breathability, great comfort, and all for a shoe I paid $35 or something for at Costco.
But after seeing all the rain we've had lately, and worrying about playing my first tournament all day long in possibly soaking brush, I decided to buy a pair of Merrell Moab 2 GTX boots. ...
I still plan to use the AX2 as a default shoe, but if it's wet, I'm going to keep these Moab2 GTX's at the ready!
They make a gortex (water resistant) AX2 that you would like, if you like those. I had a pair & they were great, but only lasted a year; by that point the tread was almost completely gone where i pivot & had a hole in the side because my feet were too wide for them.

last year i picked up a pair of sketchers. they have been the best golf shoes i've ever had. great grip on all surfaces; knobby tread on the bottom & hardly wore down after a year. came in wide. memory foam comfort. water resistant. price friendly. just a little too hot for summer (esp. here).

What are some good shoes for a fat guy whose 5'11 and 240 like myself? My arch is normal and I don't require anything special. I am not opposed to wider shoes.

I've given up on Adidas Outdoor shoes. At least any pair that has the Continental outsole. They have no 'give' & my feet/knees always hurt after a round. Salomon is getting my $ now.

Salomon xa pro 3d gtx. Best waterproof dg shoes by far that I've owned. Soles nearly indestructible. Last pair lasted 10 years! Fwiw, I'm 6', 165#.

For those that like Adidas Terrex, Drop is doing a sale on AX3s ($60): https://drop.com/buy/adidas-terrex-ax3-mens-hiking-shoe

The Terrex name is widely used by Adidas in a variety of models. I don't see the GTX added to the description so I am going to assume these are not waterproof. Its a good price for a solid hiking shoe geared more towards dryer weather.

My preferred ones are the Terrex Swift R2 GTX version as I like the Gore-Tex. Doesnt seem like these go on sale to often so I was happy to jump on the discount from McBeth when I restocked. :thmbup:

The Terrex name is widely used by Adidas in a variety of models. I don't see the GTX added to the description so I am going to assume these are not waterproof. Its a good price for a solid hiking shoe geared more towards dryer weather.

My preferred ones are the Terrex Swift R2 GTX version as I like the Gore-Tex. Doesnt seem like these go on sale to often so I was happy to jump on the discount from McBeth when I restocked. :thmbup:

They are indeed waterproof, or at least they are described that way on the Drop page. I have no personal experience with these (or any Terrex) shoes, so I guess you can take their description with a grain of salt.

I just went back and double checked; they are no longer described as waterproof, just "abrasion-resistant, quick-drying mesh". Weird; I could have sworn it said waterproof yesterday. Anyway, the AX2R GTX model has been sold in previous drops, so if Gore-Tex is your thing, it might pay to keep an eye on the site.

Thanks for the update. I have enough of each, Gore-Tex and without, so I should be good. Like the non Gore-tex ones for summer DG as they are more breathable. Will add this site to my list for future needs.

On a separate note, anybody see these crazy looking shoes (attached) advertised? The site appears to be Banggood (terrible name) and the shoes are listed as "Automatic Shrink Shoelace Hiking Steel Toe Work Safety Mesh Anti-slip Anti-Collision Climbing Shoes". They are kind of ugly but some of the features being promoted have caught my attention. Debating if I try to a pair just to see how they perform.

Have tried Merrells, North Face, Salomons and Adidas to date. Just curious if anyone else has tried these shoes yet.

Attachments

• Shoes01.jpg
    Shoes01.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Shoes02.jpg
    Shoes02.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 46
The AX3s or AX2s, anything from that line, are more like hiking boots than trail runners. I have some high tops from that line and like them fine, but prefer something designated as a trail runner for DG.

Seems to me like a good option is to check adidas outdoor occasionally, maybe signup for updates, and watch for trail runners with goretex to go on sale.

On a separate note, anybody see these crazy looking shoes (attached) advertised? The site appears to be Banggood (terrible name) and the shoes are listed as "Automatic Shrink Shoelace Hiking Steel Toe Work Safety Mesh Anti-slip Anti-Collision Climbing Shoes". They are kind of ugly but some of the features being promoted have caught my attention. Debating if I try to a pair just to see how they perform.

They look like they would be worn down to the Kevlar after the 17th hole on concrete tees.

Oh, and Oboz Firebrand FTW!

What a good shoe for people with wide feet?

I would probably go with Merrells for a wide foot. They offer a few models of their shoes in WIDE sizes and they are quite comfortable.

I would avoid Adidas Terrex as those run pretty skinny and take a bit to break in.

Latest posts