• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Disc Golf State

I love Portland but am sure it is not the best. Very chill area though and the micro breweries are great too.

Haven't read all the replies, but has anyone guessed "Texas" yet? ...because I'm pretty sure that's the correct answer :D

Let me check real quick...yep, "Texas" would be the correct answer.;)

TEXAS!!?!?? Only 2 things come from Texas boy and..... Oh wait sorry Basic training flash back I'm better now.

Actually just got done watching the Alamo.. Cool Movie.

Kentucky is the best disc golf state. In Northern Kentucky you have two top ten courses, one of which is idle wild. Plus you have AJ jolly a "scenic course" with salza behind the new boone woods to be done this year it should be much improved. Plus there is bowling green with many courses in a small area, The ville and Lexington. Then if you want to drive through the country Jenny Willey has a awesome course that is so far away it is overlooked by most crowds.

*sigh*

That's what makes me miss living in Dallas the most! We have 2 courses here in Texarkana, but one of them is just 9 baskets scattered throughout a wide-open, flat field. The other is alright and has a few interesting holes, but it's nothing compared to my old home course(s) in Dallas at Lester Lorch Park.

I grew up in Mesquite, and right after I moved here all these new courses started sprouting up all over the DFW. Mesquite got 3 courses, Ft Worth got a few (I think), and there are still several more in the works! Why oh why did I move? ...oh that's right, my job :mad:

This is another sign you are addicted to disc golf...when you think maybe a job change would be better than your job moving you....due to the number of courses the change will affect.

Houston's "25/50" course counts are 23 & 29.

In terms of hole or basket count the "25/50" numbers are 296 & 377.

ERic

Oh for the love some one else's mother! No bro, I am not about to start counting the holes just to compare....:rolleyes:

Raise your hand if you'll be playing in shorts on Christmas day? I will...In Austin, TX. Hopefully with a new disc I just unwrapped.

The south has a definite advantage with weather conditions and all year play. Texas is a great state for DG.

more people should come play in MS, especially if you like technical courses - we are starting to branch out some too

I live here and still would not vote it among the "best" states from my experience, but we do have a lot of good courses in short driving distances (comparatively) - you can drive the length of the state in about 5 hours haha

also, when I was in Dallas on a business trip, it was nice having so many courses close, but if the course was 30 miles away, it took an hour to get there - here in MS, if the course is 30 miles away, you get there in 25-30 mins (at least where I live)

I still have yet to travel to a lot of the distinct disc golf regions, but I have played a lot of courses and a lot of MS courses are every bit as good as the ones I've played elsewhere

I am still figuring this site out, but as time allows me and with a little extra work, I'll have the MS courses I play the most more up to date in the near future

I bet I'm one of the few if there are any others, on this website that lives in MS, so I gotta talk it up lol

in MS, courses are popping up everywhere, but disc golf is slow to catch on so far, but we are getting there!

Colorado (Rocky Mountain High)

We have some of the most beatiful DG Courses out there. Many of our course are the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Colorado disc golfers can do it a Mile High (or better)!

I am still figuring this site out, but as time allows me and with a little extra work, I'll have the MS courses I play the most more up to date in the near future

I bet I'm one of the few if there are any others, on this website that lives in MS, so I gotta talk it up lol

in MS, courses are popping up everywhere, but disc golf is slow to catch on so far, but we are getting there!
I live in Meridian. Where do you live and what courses do you play? You are right that there are not many that I have seen from MS. on the site.

I've only played in Texas. I would like to play elsewhere...

29 courses within 25 miles.
37 courses within 50 miles.

I've only played in Texas. I would like to play elsewhere...

So do it! Get a couple of friends together and drive up to Oklahoma City and Tulsa. OKC is only about 3 hours away. There's at least 3 or 4 decent looking courses in both places; you could make a weekend out of it.

You'll want to check out Redhawk/Blackhawk in particular. I know people have spoken highly of those two courses in the past.

Latest posts