• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Best Disc of the Year 2008

Best Disc of 2008

• Total voters
it must sting zoners to see their beloved special amazing no other disc like it pride of joy losing

i'm actually a bit surprised the trident is sitting third right now, i did figure it would get the most votes out of the lat 64 discs listed but i thought the boss would get more love than it's getting with all the chuckers i see chucking them.

I'm surprised the Boss doesn't have more votes. I see and hear about so many people throwing that disc.

FWIW, the Blowfly II was one of those "Whoops, we have been making this disc for 10 years but forgot to have it approved" moments. Once people realized the Gremlin had never been approved they started poking around and the Blowfly II was found out. So it was approved in '08 but they started making it in the late 90's.

Really wouldn't have expected the Boss to be so low, but my vote went to the Zone... In my opinion the Zone is one of the best utility shots in my bag

i'm actually a bit surprised the trident is sitting third right now, i did figure it would get the most votes out of the lat 64 discs listed but i thought the boss would get more love than it's getting with all the chuckers i see chucking them.

There are so many other things to replace the boss.
Destroyer, groove, wraith, halo, rampage, cannon, D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, Katana, Tern, Crank...

So many. The Trident is way more unique.

There are so many other things to replace the boss.
Destroyer, groove, wraith, halo, rampage, cannon, D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, Katana, Tern, Crank...

So many. The Trident is way more unique.

Except for the wraith, none of those "replacements" you listed for a boss were on the market. The Boss is the original warp speed over stable driver. This poll seems to be getting votes based more on how many people like the disc right now and not really considering what the disc market was when it was released

The poll is what was the best disc that was released this year. Not what was the best disc at the time it was released.

It's which is the best disc (now) that was released in 2008.

That's my point. The Boss got swept away. At the time, it may have been the best

Not my personal choice, but this is going to be a head to head with the Zone and PD. They are the 2 clear options. Groove is the one clear troll option with 8 spearheading the assault atm.

Go team Trident!

Except for the wraith, none of those "replacements" you listed for a boss were on the market. The Boss is the original warp speed over stable driver. This poll seems to be getting votes based more on how many people like the disc right now and not really considering what the disc market was when it was released

The Destroyer and Wraith both pre-date the Boss.

The Blowfly is the best situational disc out there when you don't want rollaways. Also doesn't fly too shabby on midrange shots either.

Zone or PD winning is fine with me. I voted PD mostly b/c I'm impressed that somebody made a ~speed 9 driver that was actually good enough to noticeably stand out of the crowd.

Slightly surprised the Magic doesn't have more votes. Used to be my favorite putter.

I voted for the Zone, and I feel like my Tridents and PDs are glaring at me from my bag now.

Latest posts