• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best discs you've found

I found a CE Leo once. Had ink, though, so I didn't get to keep it. :p

I found some decent stuff, san marino XD, old run destroyers, ect. My most valuable to me is a origional beast, its a go to in the bag.

Uninked, a gold line Bolt, brand new condition, and a tie dyed Nuke in great condition.

Inked, I found a Nate Doss signed Nuke that I was able to return to the owner 60 miles away. I also a found a sweet Rampage that also got back home.

Found a kc pro teebird in a pond.

Found an ace race hornet and soft judge i love. Found a pinnacle canon i hated. Lost the hornet, bought a z hornet, didnt like it. Threw that soft judge today though, and will continue to!

Best I've found?

MVP Volt, Proto D5, Star Cro, 11x Teebird, Star Destroyer. A bunch more but the only one I've ever kept is the Cro.

The rest were either returned or given away to new players. Didn't seem fair to give a newbie a Cro when I keep better discs for low power players like the Antidote and Stingray around to give away. And some Rocs for the non kids.

Was psyched to give back the Volt it was the guys first Ace disc and he had drawn a little picture of the basket and disc on it.

CE JLS, champ stingray, Einstein Motion, Finnish stamp King is what I can recall.

Found a white totem pole Teebird with a rainbow stamp that was perfect but the disc had some wear. It was in the biggest brush of throrns you've ever seen face down on a steep hill. Was a pleasant surprise when I turned it over. I wasn't going to throw it so I sold it here on the forum.

When I first started playing I found a 4x pro JK Valk. Then I traded it on discaroo for a Nuke. :wall:

Found a 3x Paul McBeth Champion ROC3 when I first started playing, no ink, looked to be about brand new. It was just laying in the middle of the fairway on a wooded hole in the early morning. Also found a Star Katana that I hated, no ink, an old beat up Cyclone that I love, owner said keep it, and a Westside King I was able to get back to the owner.

I also found a cracked Omega putter, that was fun. I also have good luck finding towels all over the place. Found a sweet American flag golf towel that was laying over the edge of a trash can, took it home, sanitized it and use it every round now.

Found a white Z Buzz with a slick DD dye on it sticking out of a recently dried up creek bed. Had ink, called the owner, she said keep it.

It was my favorite disc for about a year and a half. Hit a tree one day with it, turned on edge and rolled into a (different) creek. I had my wife and daughter with me so I was bummed I wasn't going to be able to go in and get it. When I walked up to the edge of the creek, there were guys already in the water. Went in right there, they said, pointing to a spot less than 5' from where they stood. It's too deep over there, so we're not getting it for you, but jump in if you want. ... So they got a new disc that day.

11X KC Roc I suppose, actually bought it from a disc hound for 3 bucks and a S/TB for 5 a couple years ago. I got to pay for anything cool ever. I only ever find crappy Monarchs and Grooves long with DX Beasts and Archangels. Found this Quest Inferno once with name and number, I did the guy a favor and chucked it deep in the woods, hehe.

ACTUALLY birdie, thanks for reminding me. I did find an 11x roc while swimming in the acorn pond last spring. Put it up on my lost and found geoup and nobody claimed it. I sold it, but damn that thing flew like the very best comet ever. Very flat, very hss but not much fade to speak of at any speed.

That was actually the disc that got me started on rocs.

I have the same problem Birdie, I find beat up, cracked, ripped discs. You throwing that Inferno in the woods reminds of me an outing on day with a guy I'd never played with before. He found a Star Teebird, looked like it had been sitting in the water but with the drought become uncovered, had plenty of life left. He looked at us in the group and said "sweet, a disc!" , and threw it out to the middle of the pond. Nothing like an Inferno, but dang we all just kind of stood there in disbelief. Disc was dirty, had no ink on it. When asked why, he just shrugged and said he'd never thrown a bird before. We've avoided him ever since.

I was George Ward park in B'ham in the late 90's with two players I just met when one of them threw their disc into a very shallow creek but with a steep embankment. The guy said "aww screw it it's just an old aviar. I said "you're not going to bother to go get it?" and he said no. I went back after the round fished his disc out of the creek and right underneath it was another avair. These two discs stayed on my bag for two years. So while not real valuable money wise, they were valuable to me.

CE TL & 11x FB within 5 minutes of each other, after that most of my crazy dreams where I'd keep finding disc after disc went away...

Other less notable scores were a barely thrown *D, Pro Line Leopard, 11x Eagle L, J-Bird Ching Roc, probly a few others, just can't think of them right now...guess I'm kinda lucky when it comes to this type of thing...although to be fair, I walked away from a 10x Eagle this year after throwing a crap shot and it was not where I left it the next day, nor was it ever returned :/

White Tresspass with rainbow EMac stamp and EMac sig inked on bottom, along with locals name/#.

Was able to return it. Apparently this guy's buddies with Emac and was given the disc out of Emacs thrower stack. He spiffed me a Truth in the new gummy plastic.

I found a qms that I hit an ace with. Semi valuable to me I guess.

I always hate finding discs in the middle of the fairway with no ink. If I'm swimming or in deep brush then all is good, but something feels so wrong about a perfectly good disc mourning the loss of his owner out in the open. I usually look away in sadness, but sometimes I pat it on the head.

Found a 9x Roc before I knew what collectible discs were. Gave it to another in the group I was playing with who didn't own any discs (was playing with an ultimate disc)....

Found a JK valk (a camo disc, yellow and purple tyedye). It was the disc that I honed by BH skills.

Found a star firebird that was my second firebird (I now have 5, plus 2 xXx). I threw a lot of thumbers, so this disc became my wooded alley disc, where I didn't care it whacked a tree. Eventually gave it away to a college kid who was thumbing every shot and only had two discs (no firebirds).

Found a Buzzz ESP FLX that became my primary mid-range. I had been struggling with getting a consistent midrange, and that disc was perfect for my hand.

I like finding discs. I do text numbers and have returned many of them - love finding unmarked discs. They may be a new mold for my bag, they may be a disc to give away or loan or I may be able to fund new disc purchases:thmbup:

Last edited:
I found a CE Leo once. Had ink, though, so I didn't get to keep it. :p

I also had a similar situation but with a CE Valk. The weird thing was that I found another disc on the other side of the fairway right after that also belonging to the same guy. Returned them to him at a local tourney a few days later and I think he was surprised to see one guy find two of his discs :D