• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Distance Driver

Best Innova Distance Driver

• Total voters
For you...........Comet

If you have just started playing it is best not to even know what a driver is.

Haha I know, I use a Shark most of the time. I was just wondering what other people like.

Anything they like will go LEFT for you........even if there aren't designed to.

I personally use Forces and the occasional Nuke but once again you would have no business using one right now.

An XL, Cyclone, Cheetah, or Gazelle would be the fastest I would venture at this point.

The consensus most have come to on this site is that it is good for new players to stay away from drivers because it helps you learn correct form and accuracy, both of which are far more important than distance.

Wish I would have looked at this site sooner. Threw nothin' but drivers at first but now the mid range and putters have saved my game... and interest.

The consensus most have come to on this site is that it is good for new players to stay away from drivers because it helps you learn correct form and accuracy, both of which are far more important than distance.

You forgot to mention that for many of these new players they will throw a mid farther than a driver anyway.......

Boss, Nuke, Katana, and this new Ninja that gateway is coming out with are GREAT discs for beginners.

Perfect for players who can't throw 500', but want to and think that extra distance is normally purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods.

Out of those listed, my best distance driver is a Boss in R-Pro plastic.

I agree with the others in suggesting that you stay with a solid midrange for distance if you are just starting. Going out a picking up a fast, high-speed driver right now would be the last thing you'd want to do.

Boss, Nuke, Katana, and this new Ninja that gateway is coming out with are GREAT discs for beginners.

Perfect for players who can't throw 500', but want to and think that extra distance is normally purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods.

I will disagree with you only on the fact that Dicks Sporting Goods only carries one weight of usually two molds in dx plastic.

my pick is a Valk.

I will disagree with you only on the fact that Dicks Sporting Goods only carries one weight of usually two molds in dx plastic.

my pick is a Valk.

The Boss is still better. If you throw Valks you're probably a sissy like Juliana Korver, Christian Sandstrom, and many other pros.

The Quest Terminator is also an excellent beginner disc.

Obviously the mid talk is good for beginners. At my arm speed, I find that the Wraith works well for me. Destroyer seems too much for me, so I stay with the Wraith. PDs ain't bad either.

Go ahead and get a good Destroyer now and throw that thing for a year. Your arm's ability and the disc's beat-in stage should meet right about then.

The one that flies farthest for you, there's a different one for everybody... the real hard part is finding the one that has the right flight characteristics that best suit your current abilities.

with that said, I voted Destroyer :)

Latest posts