• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Distance Driver

Best Innova Distance Driver

• Total voters
The one that flies farthest for you, there's a different one for everybody... the real hard part is finding the one that has the right flight characteristics that best suit your current abilities.

with that said, I voted Destroyer :)

You forgot to vote cause your name hasn't come up yet.:p

Go ahead and get a good Destroyer now and throw that thing for a year. Your arm's ability and the disc's beat-in stage should meet right about then.

And the bad habits you learn will take another 2-3 years to fix........if you're lucky.

And the bad habits you learn will take another 2-3 years to fix........if you're lucky.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
listen to this guy, its true man

Also i voted Destroyer:) for me its the perfect fast driver, i prefer Pro for bigger distance lines and champ for lower lines, i also carry a Glow for headwinds

Then again, he might be out-throwing all of us.
I never got the "Bad Habits come from overstable discs" argument at all.
You can learn good form from any disc out there. It's just easier with Sharks and Leopards ect.

Then again, he might be out-throwing all of us.
I never got the "Bad Habits come from overstable discs" argument at all.
You can learn good form from any disc out there. It's just easier with Sharks and Leopards ect.

Throwing something too fast or overstable will force you to use OAT to get the disc to fly "correctly" and then you will wonder why you can't drive with putters or mids anymore.

I never understood why people would suggest a Destroyer to a noob.

I was only suggesting it to him for him to beat the sucker up using it for trick shots and skip shots.
I am sorry if I gave that impression.

I was only suggesting it to him for him to beat the sucker up using it for trick shots and skip shots.
I am sorry if I gave that impression.

It would be much better for him to buy a less stable disc to start with..........or use a mid for a fewmore months and gradually climb up the speed scale. Who knows in a year he may be ready for the Destroyer and Bombing it 450ft.

I have met very few players who start out with a FAST disc on every shot that turn out to have good form and that is the downside to discs continuing to get faster. When I started the fastest you could go was Valk so the players couldn't hurt themselves as much as today.

Out of this list I'm at the Viking currently. Moving up the stability chart slowly. Went from Sidewinder to Valkyrie to Viking. Of course, I really prefer the OLF. :)

A lot of people talk about how far you should be throwing to graduate to drivers, just wondering some ballpark distances for how far you should be able to get speed 10,11,12,13 discs.

You're right, he could always buy a beat up fast disc later. I was glad I had my first run Destroyer when I started back playing again. Couldn't use it for drives at all, just for quick hyzers and backhand flicks. Now it's tuned in just right. I still can't get it up to speed but I can hyzer-flip it up a little and it does great in the wind. Very predictable for approach shots and I never would have learned how to use the disc if someone had told me I shouldn't have it in my bag. Of course I could have done this with a Roc much better but hey, to each his own!

A lot of people talk about how far you should be throwing to graduate to drivers, just wondering some ballpark distances for how far you should be able to get speed 10,11,12,13 discs.
I get a consistent 360'-380' of usable golf D. I don't throw anything >10.

IMO

10: 330'/360'
11: 350'/380'
12: 360'/400'
13: 380'/420'

Keep in mind that these are just ballpark figures of the speeds these discs generally need to get up to or past their cruising speed, YMMV based on technique/disc mold and plastic/cleanliness of throw/snap vs. arm speed/wind and several other factors

Last edited:
For me, I would say the Beast as I have thrown that the most and actually understand that disc. THe Wraith is really new to me and still have to work with that a little more.

I voted beast because it's the only one on the poll that I own. But I would have to say my favorite distance driver is Discraft's Crush. Also I really only use distance drivers for FH shots, for BH I stick to slower stuff.

First post!

I voted Valkyrie because its my main driver (DX). I have a Star Destroyer but I can't throw it at all. Pretty much an impulse buy and I'm probably trading it to a more experienced friend for a Roc or Wraith.

It would be much better for him to buy a less stable disc to start with..........or use a mid for a fewmore months and gradually climb up the speed scale. Who knows in a year he may be ready for the Destroyer and Bombing it 450ft.

I have met very few players who start out with a FAST disc on every shot that turn out to have good form and that is the downside to discs continuing to get faster. When I started the fastest you could go was Valk so the players couldn't hurt themselves as much as today.

Matty speaks the truth. I wish i would have started out throwing nothing but putters and mids. But my uneducated ass bought a Boss the first chance I got:doh:. Now I can throw 500+ but cant aim the damn thing to save my life. Its cool to bomb with the big boys in distance comps but really does you know good on the course. Now i spend every chance I get trying to learn backwards:wall:. I guess the point is the best distance driver is the one you can throw the straightest with the least amount of effort. If you have to put anny on a disc to make it do what you want then your throwing to much of a disc.